Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Ok I got a question

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 15 Replies

So I was thinking the other day about life. And wanted to see what other moms thought about the fact of death, I mean actually I never use to be scared of death but here lately its been hunting me specially after I seen my cousin who was my best-friend passed away that was a year older then me when he was 29 he passed away  and then like a year after that his mom which would be my Auntie passed away and then another year after that my Grandpa and before them it was my grandma. I really start to have panic attacks when thinking about it. And I try not to and I know it is a fact of life but I wanted to see what other mamas thought about this subject???

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I am not scared of death per say. But I do worry about my kids. Even though they are almost adults I can't imagine not being there for every milestone. I do have life insurance that they will both split so I know financially they will be ok... but emotionally? Their Dad is not there for them and that worries me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CuzImMOM
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I am the same way. I had a panic attack that lasted three months after I lost my grandpa ( papa) two years before that my grandma and three years before that my 21 year old cousin. It didn't hit real hard till after papa died. It's something we can't control which makes it even scarier.

I'm here if you ever need a friend or someone to talk to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I guess I don't worry about it so much. The only thing I think of is what my dd would do without me. I just had my first baby & she's 5 months old so I worry for her. I know she'd be ok with my hubby & our family but I think she would miss me & I think all babies need their mommy's. I'm not worried about the after life or pain while dying, I just figure it will happen when it happens hopefully when I'm a very old lady.

C.Fleury
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM
It bothers me to a certain point. I'm not scared of death persay. However I don't want to die a painful death. I also worry about leaving my son. What will I miss? Will he miss me type things. Will I pass before my husband, if so will he remarry and just random things like that. I think it's natural for feel this way, however it does make a person think.
TattoomamaPink
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

all you ladies have some great feedback I also think of what my kids will do with out me, and that is hard because I help my cousin's ex gf raise his son Jayden who was 4 when his daddy passed and he is still dealing with so much and it hurts me to see him go through this and on top of that his mother could give to F's excuse my language . actually she called me last week and asked if I would take him for awhile because hes not acting right hes in Arizona I'm in Ohio so I guess I will be making a trip to Arizona to get him because no babie or child deserves to go through a trumatic time and not even have someone to be there for them!!

KylesMom409
Really wishing I didn't have to get up at 6 tomorrow. :(
Today at 9:17 PM
by Linnette on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Honestly I have always been afraid of getting old and the subject of death and dying. But as I get older I realize, hey, we're all going to eventually pass away and we should make the most of life, each and every day, right?
Mama2JoshKatie
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I'm not afraid of death but I do want to live a long and healthy life. I know where my spirit is going when I die and that gives me peace.

jddragonfly
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I sat with my mother's body for hours after she passed.  She looked so peaceful and beautiful.  I have also witnessed several of my animal friends pass after long illnesses.  It is in those moments that I realize that death is like an ultimate release, all you muscles relax, everything lets go.  In a way, I bet if I am totally un-resisting, I believe it might even feel good, especially if I have been struggling with disease or sickness.  I suppose what I'm getting at is that I'm not actually afraid of dying, my soul leaving my body, I'm more afraid of any pain I might feel before hand.  I also believe that our bodies are amazing and will take care of us no matter what.  Afterall, we can give birth right?  I gave birth to both my kids in my home totally unmedicated.  After each birth, once my hormonal haze cleared, I was amazed at how my body took over and the many hormones were realeased to help aid me through the process.  Death must be similar in my opinion.  

storkradio193
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM

It is natural to fear the unknown and uncertain at least to some degree, as long as it does not inhabit living a full life. I tend not to fear death.

Different beliefs help many with the fear (heaven, reincarnation, eternal soul, continued growth and learning of the soul).  Sometimes beliefs can also be used to create more fear, which is not healthy in my opinion to say the least.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

MJP76
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I'm not afraid of death... I'm afraid of the act of dying... Ie.. How long will it take? How painful will it be?

im all good with a quick death or dying in my sleep...

something like cancer.. That eats you alive...and the treatments to hopefully get to a stage of remission.. Scares the shit out of me...the thought of drowning...would scare the shit out of me...

my DDD won't actually kill me, but will only get worse with age... The pain from that, scares the shit out of me and I wonder how long I could actually tolerate it (I've already had it for 15 years), and I know where I am now with it... 15 years from now scares the shit out of me...

balh blah bLAN blah.. So no, not actual death.. I'd probably welcome that...

EDIT: I would also worry about my hubby and kids....I'm the glue around here..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)