Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Has Anyone used Care.com to find a babysitter?

Posted by   + Show Post

Just wondering if anyone has used the online service to find a babysitter. I just feel like with all the  horrible  things happening to kids these days, that I wouldn't trust ANYONE to watch my kids.... especially a stranger from the internet.

What do you guys think?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Replies (11-19):
mewebb82
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I have and I also used to list myself on that site. I was cautious though.....much more cautious than some of the families I interviewed with. I even got a few families who wanted me to come the same day without even meeting first. I thought they were crazy and said no. I ran a background check, interviewed, checked references, and then we had them come a few times when we were home before leaving them with our kids. We've done that with 4 babysitters now. Only 1 didn't work out. She was great with my oldest but just had a personality clash with my daughter. I think that can happen with even the best babysitter at some point though and I would still recommend her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
landbensmom
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:11 PM

If anyone is thinking about giving Care.com a shot feel free to use the following link and you will recieve 20% off the premium membership!

www.care.com/amandap2

mommybug77
by Crystal on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Not for me.
Mrsmayaguy
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM

No but I've heard great stuff about sitter city.com

im more comfy with using recommendations from friends/neighbors

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I have and had great luck with it. I get the background check and call references.  Plus the first few times they sit the kids I'm here so I can see how everything goes. It's a great way for me to get some office work done and screen at the same time. My ds who is slow to warm to people has actually requested to see the sitters again. 

I've used  3 different neighbors kids and had nothing but bad experiences. One of them even slapped my kids then 4 and 1 in the face!

letstalk747
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:52 PM

nope

Newtosprings
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM

YES!!!! And I have found two great sitters through them.  Highly recommended.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I have not but have considered doing it.
.Peaches.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I've never used it. Whenever me and him need some alone time or going on a date, I'm going to work or school, my family or his family babysits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)