Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son Parker

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been letting my 11 year old son Parker try new things including expressing himself.Parker has been trying something lately and started last month,wearing girls jeans and likes wearing them.We had a talk about it and I was for it.It is going good and sometimes bad.I bought his first two pairs of girl's jeans,he finds them more comfortable to wear than boy's jeans.My fiance is cool about it and supportive.There was one incident so far a couple thought he was gay,he is not  liking girls.I looked at this couple and told them this is him being himself,I still love him knowing this is the way  he is.Parker has nothing but girl's jeans in his closet now and I allow it.My parents say I am doing the right thing,seeing him happy.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say let him do what he wants. But just an FYI from a medical standpoint wearing tight jeans may hinder the future for you to have grandchildren. Now that goes with both wearing male and female jeans too tight, however, the crotch in female jeans are made differently, because we don't have "junk"  so you may way to check with your family doctor just to be sure everything is and going to be "OK" down there. :)

GraceStrickland
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Good for you, I wear mens hoodies because they are more comfy and I'm straight.  And so what if not?

angelicav12
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM

The jeans are not the tight fighting jeans

christineT79
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see anything wrong with it but I would be worried that he'll get made fun of.

JaronDMC
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Good for you for supporting your son
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Good for you for supporting him,I see nothing wrong with it,I wear mens hoodies and sweaters because they are more comfy and I am straight.Good comment you said to that couple too.

My Group For Moms Who Love Taking Pictures,NO DRAMA:http://www.cafemom.com/group/118535

Momwithagap
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

What someone wears doesn't determine their sexual preference. My nephew is gay and he's always worn boys/ men's clothes.

Delta.Dawn
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM

My DS is into the skinny jeans they are for boys some tween and teen boys do wear girls jeans these days.

stickyfingers
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM
my son had a friend who did this too. its no big deal really. he wasnt gay or anything either he just had his own style.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelicav12
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I want to see him happy and he wears girl's underwear too,this was a year ago.Like the jeans,finds them comfortable to wear too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)