Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was/were your very first pet(s)?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 14 Replies
How old were you when your parents got it/them? What do you remember most about it/them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM
My first pets were 2 goldfish. Their names were Freddie and Florence and I chose their names so that is what I remember most about them. I think I was about 6 or 7 when we got them.
kourtneya
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

My first pet was a dwarf hamster when I was 17. Those things smell and are very noisy.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM

My family had a dog already when I was born.  Grundy.  She was a pointer/Dalmatian mix.  Not exactly the poster-child of breed mixes for a family dog!  Lol.  She HATED everyone but me....apparently I was her 'puppy' (even though I had an older brother and my parents had the dog before he joined the family....I was still her baby).  I remember I was the only kid around allowed to take my dog anywhere I wanted for walks at only 3/4 years old....because NO ONE would come anywhere near her.  She was awesome.....she's been gone for 31+ years already and I still really miss her,

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember having two cats when I was a young child. An orange one named tangerine, my mom said I called her tan-rah-nee-nee and a gray one named angel.

I can't recall when my parents got me "my own" pet. I was always bringing strays home, lol.

christineT79
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

We always had dogs when I was a kid. All different breeds from Scottish Terriers to a Black Lab & Akita's. I also got a box turtle when I was in 5th grade & I still have him! I've had him for 20 years & his name is Sebastion. Now as an adult my first pet was a mixed breed dog that I rescued named Dingo & I just got a kitten. I'm a vet tech so having pets is just part of my life.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Growing up, my family had 3 dogs and 3 cats.
My first "non-family" pet was my cat, Snoopy. I got her in '93. I went to a pet store, intending to get a cute little calico kitten that I has seen the day before. She was gone when I got there, so I went to the Petcare store across the street. They had a cage in the front of the store that had 4 kittens in it. One was a tortie and I am a sucker for a tortie, so I kept trying to play with her. She was just lying there and would play. There was this little black one that just wouldn't leave me be. It was doing everything that it could, to get to me...even stepping on all the other kittens! This kitten was so playful and just kept nipping on my finger. I had to take it home!! I had my Snoopy Doodles for 11 years before I had to put her down, due to a mammory tumor.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
My first pet was a Siamese cat named Gypsy.
MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
My dad always had at least 1 dog.
The first pet that was ALL MINE was an 11 inch red rat snake. I named it slinky. I was about 13-ish.
ToYnyc
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM

when i was 9 we got some parakeets from WoolWorths, it got old quick, we took them back and got goldfish instead.

liss05
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM

We had a dog named Mr Bo Jangles that was a Border Collie that my parents found on the side of the highway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)