Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I need ideas!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 10 Replies
DS turns 6 in April and I have no idea what to do for his bday party. We have had his other parties at our house but I really don't want to do that again if I don't have to because it's getting kind of repetitive. I mentioned the bowling alley idea to DH but he doesn't seem to be too keen on that idea. So any ideas you can give me are greatly appreciated! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

We either have them at the house or at a park. Just depends how many kids will be there. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Through the years we have done birthday parties at home, bowling alley, roller skating rink, the park and arcades. With 3 kids (aged 19 to 7) it seems like we rotate through all of the things to do in this area pretty quickly.

Both of my boys have birthdays in April I am thinking about checking into having a pool party at our local YWCA.

tyler0607
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I do not know where you live but by me they have a place called suburban sports training center. Here is the website to see if they maybe have something like that in your area. Its awesome. I am not aware of how much it is or anything though!

http://go2sstc.com/

christineT79
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you have any kid activity centers in your area like a bounce house place or indoor water parks? YMCA is a great idea for a pool party. I love that idea.

MJP76
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM

At 6 I would have said bowling or at an arcade....like Dave and busters..

LadyOphelia
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM

We had one at Chik-fil-a. It was a lot of fun. They gave us the eating spot right at the playplace & the playplace was locked down for our party exclusive. The cow comes out & takes pics with the kids. They let you decorate & the party platters are really reasonable. My kids have gone to parties at "Jungle Jyms" which is a huge kid play place & roller skating rink. But it seemed like it was hard to wrangle for cake & gifts. Plus kids that can't skate were left out. I always loved bowling or mini-golf parties. Park parties are fun if the park is small.

SoJosMom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM
My five year old has been to bounce parties and they have all been big hits.

Quoting christineT79:

Do you have any kid activity centers in your area like a bounce house place or indoor water parks? YMCA is a great idea for a pool party. I love that idea.

kellysparkles
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM

What about a fun scavenger hunt?

SoJosMom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM
We did a bowling party for my daughter's fourth b'day. Kids loved it.
SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:34 PM

What is the weather like where you live?  If it's really nice, having an outdoor party at a park is fun.  If he has a lot of friends, or you're inviting the whole class, a large group activity is good, like swimming or skating.  If he only has a couple friends he wants to come you could do a movie night and then a sleepover.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN