Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

looking for other moms that have give up there child or children for adoption and want to chat about there experience and mine

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 15 Replies

hello i am looking to chat with other moms who have given up there child or children for adoption.  i gave up my daughter when i was 21 and the adoptive parents decided that they would let me visit my child a few times a year they did this for 6 years and then one day I called to set up the next meeting and got no response from them.  my daughter just recently turned 12 and I'm sad because i have had any contact with her for 6 years.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Welcome to the group.

I don't have experience of giving a child up for adoption, but can imagine how hard that must have been and continues to be.  (((hug)))

Quoting biomom1437:

hello i am looking to chat with other moms who have given up there child or children for adoption.  i gave up my daughter when i was 21 and the adoptive parents decided that they would let me visit my child a few times a year they did this for 6 years and then one day I called to set up the next meeting and got no response from them.  my daughter just recently turned 12 and I'm sad because i have had any contact with her for 6 years.

adopteeme
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM
http://www.cafemom.com/group/4974

This is a bmom group ^

Sorry to hear that your open adoption has been closed. I feel for you and your daughter.
I'm a closed adoptee and I was reunited with my Mother and siblings when I was 40.

StarryRain
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM
No! Don't go to the BMom group. Those women are scary!! If you want to talk, feel free to PM me. I am both an adoptee and a birthmom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
biomom1437
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM

oh ok cool.  and ya i checked out bio and step mom and ya they r crazy

biomom1437
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM

ya well it was an open adoption but the term open adoption in michigan is a joke in my opion.  when i signed off on my daughter i was told i had 21 days to change my mind.  that's a joke what could i have done in 3 week if i had changed my mind.  three weeks was not enough time to do anything or  to get the stuff i would have needed to have to care for my daughter.  my daughter turned 12 last weekend and so i'm just waiting out the next 6 years.  counting down when i can try to find her again.

the kicker is that her adoptive family allowed me visit with my daughter for 6 and a half years.  then i called to arrange the next visit and never heard back from her adoptive family.  they don't relize by not letting me know that they wanted to end contact with me they tore out my heart and stomped on it. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I am a birthmom, but I don't know how much help I would be. I am perfectly happy with how everything has turned out.

onethentwins
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Quoting biomom1437:

oh ok cool.  and ya i checked out bio and step mom and ya they r crazy

I was going to invite you over to birthmoms too. Sorry you think we're scary. C'est la vie.

ToYnyc
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:29 PM

i love those types of stories =)

Quoting adopteeme:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/4974

This is a bmom group ^

Sorry to hear that your open adoption has been closed. I feel for you and your daughter.
I'm a closed adoptee and I was reunited with my Mother and siblings when I was 40.

ToYnyc
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Do you plan to look for her when she turns 18?

ToYnyc
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe they felt threatened in some way

Quoting biomom1437:

ya well it was an open adoption but the term open adoption in michigan is a joke in my opion.  when i signed off on my daughter i was told i had 21 days to change my mind.  that's a joke what could i have done in 3 week if i had changed my mind.  three weeks was not enough time to do anything or  to get the stuff i would have needed to have to care for my daughter.  my daughter turned 12 last weekend and so i'm just waiting out the next 6 years.  counting down when i can try to find her again.

the kicker is that her adoptive family allowed me visit with my daughter for 6 and a half years.  then i called to arrange the next visit and never heard back from her adoptive family.  they don't relize by not letting me know that they wanted to end contact with me they tore out my heart and stomped on it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)