Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

parents say the funniest things.

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 42 Replies
So we all know kids say funny things. I know as a parent I chose not to curse around kids so, I say odd "catch phrases" like snap a doodle and fart crackers. I have done that without realizing how goofy it sounds or may make me appear. So here's your chance to confess your odd catch phrase.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM

IDK; I'll ask and get back to you.  The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is "do the right thing because it's the right thing to do".

Oh, and dd doesn't like it that I tell ds "AT!", cuz now he says that to her. lol

TattoomamaPink
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I say stuff like  shut the front door lol or oh fudge

krise
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I call them turd birds

MJP76
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM

We used to say things like "stop acting gay" or " stop acting retarded" as endearing terms because I never liked it when my parents used to tell me to "stop acting stupid" I always felt they we calling me stupid..

BUT since my children have gotten older and also started using the "catch phrases" I realized it wasn't very cute, or actually embarrassing if they would use it in public (which we never did as parents, just in the home, and as I said as endearing terms). At first, we told the kids that that was just for us at home, our pet phrases for almost everything for just each other.. But then recently I just put a stop to it all together, because my daughter (almost 16) started using retarded on her friends...and she was using it in a silly not demeaning way, but I it just doesn't sound right.. So I put an end to it.

BTW just for an FYI I myself am BI so, have never thought of or used the word "gay" in a derogatory way. And retard was also something I grew up with, and it just kinda rubbed off on me as I got older, just used in the place of "stop acting silly"

so now that I have eliminated our "catch phrases" we don't have any more. We don't cuss in front of our kids either...I do say "MOTHER EFFER!" If I hurt myself or something, but my kids know better than to repeat me.

i don't even like my kids to use the word crap and they are 10, 15 and 19. I think I've heard my 19 yo say "shit" once. He's just typically very well spoken.

sorry for the book...lol

cupomeow
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I say 'poop on a stick'. But I also cuss.

angie944
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I say Holy Moly still.... it just comes out, i dont know why I say it! LOL.. and now my DD is starting to say it, but it is really cute when she says it. 

stykir
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM

lol my MIL uses that one ... i despise it!!

Quoting krise:

I call them turd birds

TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM

holy shit usually ends up holy shhhnickerdoodles.  son of  a biscuit eater gets thrown around a bit too.  and i posted on facebook the fuck in it's various forms would be replaced with fraggle, fraggling and fraggle rock. 

krise
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM

lol my kids crack up when I call them this 

Quoting stykir:

Quoting krise:

I call them turd birds

stykir
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM

lol that's fun! my son couldn't care less, he doesn't mind-or at least he hasn't said he minds. I cringe every time. and my daughter cannot stand it (so i cheer for her in my head LOL) .... she won't let anybody call her anything but her first name though, so when Grammy calls her turd bird she says "Grammy, that's not my name. I'm Alyssa! don't call me that!"

Quoting krise:

lol my kids crack up when I call them this 

Quoting stykir:

Quoting krise:

I call them turd birds

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN