Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not trying to be the grammar police...

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 24 Replies

I have been really enjoying how active the groups I belong to have been lately.  I love reading people's rants, questions, brags, and frustrations.  However, it truly bugs me when ppl abv evrythng or worse yet they just go on and on and on and never bother to use any sort of punctuation or paragraphs and it is really hard 2 read esp when they du both and nvr bthr 2 check 4 mistkes. Or they write really small.  I guess I am just venting too, but like I said, I WANT to read what people have to say!

Does anyone else get frustrated?  

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand your frustration..

lol

kourtneya
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I tend to back out of posts like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Yea, I do too.  I always wonder if someone feels abandon but doesn't realize it's because no one can read the damn thing! LOL!

Quoting kourtneya:

I tend to back out of posts like that.

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I hate it too! Guess we're too old for that mess :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't stand bad grammar and bad punctuation. It seriously offends me. Perhaps I'm a little (a lot?) neurotic but at least I embrace it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM
People abreviate

Quoting anotherandree:

I have been really enjoying how active the groups I belong to have been lately.  I love reading people's rants, questions, brags, and frustrations.  However, it truly bugs me when ppl abv evrythng or worse yet they just go on and on and on and never bother to use any sort of punctuation or paragraphs and it is really hard 2 read esp when they du both and nvr bthr 2 check 4 mistkes. Or they write really small.  I guess I am just venting too, but like I said, I WANT to read what people have to say!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Yes I do. Sometimes I don't know what the abbreviations mean, and that is frustrating to.

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, they do.  I admit that I was one of the people that had to look up the insane number of abbreviations that are used here (LO, dh, ds, ...)  and there are STILL ones that I don't know!  Not too proud to admit it. :) 

Quoting Aamy:

People abreviate

Quoting anotherandree:

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I don't like to abbreviate only words such as "can't", etc. I like to type out everything, I don't like the shortcuts.
Aamy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:48 PM
No I was pointing out you did the exact same thing youre complaining about. And yes i ise ppl but that's a habit from gaming.

Quoting anotherandree:

Yes, they do.  I admit that I was one of the people that had to look up the insane number of abbreviations that are used here (LO, dh, ds, ...)  and there are STILL ones that I don't know!  Not too proud to admit it. :) 

Quoting Aamy:

People abreviate

Quoting anotherandree:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)