Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Has anyone bought a washer and dryer in one?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM
  • 7 Replies
We just purchased a washer and dryer in one. It will be here tomorrow. I looked at the reviews for the one we are getting and it had good reviews. Except complaints on size. Washer and dryers are small here anyway and it looked like it was one of the biggest ones. I also saw complaints that it they don't fully dry. But that review was in general not for the one we bought.Has anyone used one? What are the positives and negatives. I hope we made the right decision. Our electric bill has been so high because of the ones we have now and this one has a really good energy rating. Anyway I will post what I think after I get it and use it. I am just curious what others say about them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

We had a stackable unit, but it wasn't attached.  My biggest complaint was the size, but at the time it was all that would fit in our apartment closet at the time.  The dryer did take forever to dry things too.

Sunshine257
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I don't know what you call them. But the washer and dryer are the same machine. It isn't stackable. As far as the size I live in Sweden and unless you get an industrial one they aren't even close to the size of an American one. So small loads I am use to. This one is one of the biggest we have seen and it is still a third of an American one lol.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

We had a stackable unit, but it wasn't attached.  My biggest complaint was the size, but at the time it was all that would fit in our apartment closet at the time.  The dryer did take forever to dry things too.

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

We have one like that from LG. Now I normally only use the drying part in the winter. It's a good buy since I don't dry hubby's work clothes or jeans. Now in the spring, summer, and fall I hang our clothes outside. It will handle four big bath towels without and issue and dries them pretty well too. We just got ours a few months ago so I'm still learning about it.

jdy9440
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:13 AM

BUMP!

liss05
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a LGcombo unit my only complaint if you over stuff it the clothes don't full dry and don't make a whole load of denim but other then those little quarks it's not bad and I wish it folded the clothes too.-lol. :)

Mom2jngnc
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM

One of the girls I know on CM is in Korea (Military) and she says that the dry takes a "long time"

Sunshine257
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:50 AM
All the settings on the washer and dryer are hours long. My clothes aren't drying when I shorten it. I am going to try and put less
Clothes in it. If it is still a problem I will take it back and buy a washer and dryer.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

One of the girls I know on CM is in Korea (Military) and she says that the dry takes a "long time"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN