Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

H&R BLOCK VS JACKSON HEWITT

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to decide where to have my taxes done this year.  I usually do them myself, but apparently I made a mistake two years ago that resulted in my getting too large a return.  I just received a bill for the overage late last year.  I want to get that resolved and make sure no mistakes are made this year.

I'd love input for anyone that's had their taxes done by either or both companies.  Thanks in advance.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Holland04
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM

We use HR Block. My only complaint is our taxes are complicated and it costs me $400 to get my taxes done. (they charge per form). For us though it's worth it to not have to worry whether we are doing them right. 

JonesMama
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM

We've used Jackson Hewitt for the last 5 years or so. We're happy with them. We looked into H&R Block last year, but they wanted about double the price of JH. With JH, they don't make us pay any money up front for doing the taxes, they can take it right out of the return. H&R Block said they couldn't do that and need the $ when they do them.

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I use a private tax preparer and she is awesome.  I reccomend finding a small business, ask your friends who they use.  A lot of times they cost less and you're supporting a small business.  :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)