Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Did you keep your old yearbooks?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a box of momentos...yearbooks, old university papers, an old newpaper I was in...stuff like that. I'm debating if I want to hang on to it or just through it away.

Did anyone keep old yearbooks or momentos? Where did you keep them? For those who threw them away - did you regret it later?

What to do!?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virgochild79
by Nia on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I only have my yearbook from 8th grade and 12th grade. I'll keep them forever.

liss05
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I still have mine and have no plans to throw it out.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I belelieve they are at my parent's house.  They keep everything.

stephanie73401
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:03 PM
3 moms liked this

I have a small box that I keep everything like you mentioned in. I think it will be something fun to go through with my daughter when she is older. Proof mommy hasn't always been as lame as she is now lol.

bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I have kept all my yearbooks. They are on the bookshelf with my other books. I don't really have anything else from school except some pictures.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM

See that's the only reason I would keep it, for my kids to see. If they will be interested! For me stuff like that is not so sentimental....although I kind of want to hang onto university papers because I put so much damn effort into them.

Quoting stephanie73401:

I have a small box that I keep everything like you mentioned in. I think it will be something fun to go through with my daughter when she is older. Proof mommy hasn't always been as lame as she is now lol.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I kept my 8th grade and 12th grade yearbook.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I have every single one of them on my bookshelf. It has obviously old pics of me, it has pictures of my friends that died too early, and all the lovely thoughts and memories people wrote to means about me. I'll never throw them away! One day, my children (maybe) would want to see what ppl thought of me way back when.....I loved reading my parents yearbooks! I could see how they changed, and HOW THEY DIDN'T! Hahaj! My dad's was hilarious!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup.. I have stuff from  k-12th grade.. And a big box of letters from friends..

I think I threw out some of it. But kept plenty.. I would like to show it to dd one day. So she can see, I was once a teenager. I loved & lost, I faught with my friends. I really WAS there once & she can talk to me..  Growing up is hard & exciting.

Edit: Ive always been a memory keeper though. Ive held onto ticket stubbs, event flyers, cool napkins from a special day.. Anything.. those "flatten a penny" memorabilia.. I may even have flower pedals from old dates in jr high.. I also was a diary keeper until I had kids :)

coala
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 3 of my HS yearbooks.  I couldn't afford one my freshman year.  I keep them with my old keepsakes from my childhood.  Everything is down to a 2 gallon rubbermaid bin with my yearbooks sitting on the shelf next to it.  I have anything that was important enough for me to hold onto until I was 18.  It is just a small amount of my childhood, but when I pull them out it takes me back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)