Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

13 year old was pushed twice today..not sure what I should do.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

You child gets pushed twice for accidentaly getting knocked into someone. What do you do. 
A: Call the school right away
B: Let your child report it in the morning and follow up with the dean
C: Unleash mama furry and possibly make their existing school days horrible for being known as a snitch
D: Let it slide this time but tell her to inform you asap should something happen again?

I don't want her to get in a situation where these kids start targeting her because she snitched on a inccident. I also don't want her to take it. At her age I would have pushed the girl back. She just walked away which is what I told her to do. I don't want her fighting in school. Kids are too crazy these days. What would you do? 

I should also mention she has lots of friends and is active in school. She never bullys anyone, infact she tries to step in. It makes me sad this happened to her. 

Graphic Designing, Photographer, Tattooed, Nerdy Mama of 3...

Read about it on my blog! Lifedonerandom

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GLO682
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM

If nothing else comes of it, i would just let it go. it doesn't seem like she was targeted in anyway  and you making anything else out of it might make things worse.

ToYnyc
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM

i would call the school or send a letter to the school

have your daughter report the incident next

if that doesnt work and shes in a situation where she has to defend herself so be it. she has to protect herself if the school wont do it.

CotterpinDoozer
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM

If nothing else came from it, I'd let it slide but ask her to let me know right away if anything else happened.

breebree04
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I would let it slide if this is a 1st time incident but if it happens again I would tell her to stand up for herself. She doesnt have to get physical but basically let the person know that she isnt ganna put up with it and if she has alot of friends it wouldnt hurt to have them around for support so this other person knows it wouldnt be wise to pick on your daughter. I would only contact the school if it gets out of hand

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM

It's done now so I would leave it be. If it happens again tomorrow, tell her to go to the office immediately and tell someone. Bullying is against the rules.

Personally, my child has been instructed to fight back but that's my choice. This actually happened to me when I was in school. The girl pushed me for accidentally bumping into her and I shoved her head in her locker. I was suspended but I didn't care. The girl never messed with me again and was actually nice when she saw me. I won't put up with anyone pushing me around and I can't expect my child to put up with it.

pixieofchaos
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I called and talked to her dean. We are reporting it but privatly so it is on the books. The girl will not be made aware of us reporting her. I have told her to fight back but I have told her to avoid it. My daughters school is a good school but there are gangs and rough kids in it. This girl is one of the rough ones. Other then that she wont mention that she reported it and hopefully it will just pass. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)