Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Great they're never going to invite me again!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

Today somebody invited us to go bike riding in the church parking lot.  Great!  I need some friends and it's somebody I have never managed to get very close to in the 5 years we have known each other.  She's just never been very friendly towards me.

So the kids rode bikes from 10-11 when we decided it was too cold and we all left.  Came home and got ds started on school work.  Read some books to dd.  12 comes and I'm making lunch.  DD comes into the kitchen whinning.  She wouldn't tell me what was wrong and honestly I wouldn't understand her if she had.  I'm in the middle of something so I finish what I'm doing and look at her.  She looks terrible!

She's now laying in the living room watching movies.  She will whine and point to her stomach from time to time.  That was a very sudden case of the stomach flu :(

And I unknowngly exposed their kids.  I feel terrible :(  

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Amberleigh81
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Maybe they infected you? Don't fret. Kids are germ factories.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Oh please ... don't guilt about that it's not like you knew !  And who says her kids didn't pass it on to your kids ???

TTC2Long
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM
If they were riding bikes, they probably weren't in very close contact and being outdoors, rather than an enclosed space will help, too. Do call the parents, though, and give a heads up. It's not your fault - I'm sure if she had been feeling sick before you left you wouldn't have gone!
storkradio193
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I wouldn't worry, you never know who had it first.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Yeah to maybe they infected you.... Don't mention it and noone will know the difference!
Sorry someone is Ill
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM

What's the mom going to do? Get mad at you? If so then she needs to get a grip and you need to decide if this woman is someone you really want to be friends with. That's part of having kids. She can get over that.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Thanks.  I will tell the parent I know (I do not know the other one who was there).

Quoting TTC2Long:

If they were riding bikes, they probably weren't in very close contact and being outdoors, rather than an enclosed space will help, too. Do call the parents, though, and give a heads up. It's not your fault - I'm sure if she had been feeling sick before you left you wouldn't have gone!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM

And it makes me nervous because my daughter was at my son's school.  One of the teachers at school went home feeling sick and was found dead the next morning.  The ER had diagnosed her with strep and sent her home.  We still don't know what killed her.

I'm sure she will be fine but you ladies know how it is...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)