Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

It was so tempting ...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm currently dealing with a high risk pregnancy. I'm supposed to be resting. Today I had to go around town, taking care of paperwork and getting blood work done.

I had to do this by myself. I also had to take 2yoDD and 10moDD with me. Halfway through my errands I was almost completely drained. I ached from head to toe and after all the walking around I did, I had developed two blisters on my pinkie toes.

The thing that was most exhausting was taking the girls out of the car, taking the stroller out and then putting them back in when I was done. My oldest DD kept jerking her hand away from me and running off, she almost got hit by a car but I managed to catch up to her and stop her. It's not easy for me to run, but I'm just thankful she didn't get hit.

After my almost heart attack I started to think how much easier it would be to keep them in the car while I ran in to drop off the paperwork.

It was a nice cool day and both of them dozed off for a nap. Did I really have to take them inside? Can't I just leave them and run in for a minute so I can get this done?

That's about the time my "mom" instincts kicked in and said, "HELL NO!!! Don't you dare leave them in the car!!"

All the worst-case scenarios began playing through my head about that time too. Kidnapping, the car getting too hot .... stuff like that.

So, I sucked it up and grit my teeth as I went through the rest of my day. Dropping off the paperwork at their designated areas and taking my daughter's with me.

They were fussy, tired, hungry and let's not forget the diaper changes in between, but I did it and then treated them to their favorite snacks when we got home.

I'm in so much pain now and am completely exhausted. Thankfully, the girls have settled down since we got home and I'm able to relax a bit until DH gets home.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frstldyhmsch
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Don't feel bad, I've had that same urge before....never acted on it tho'. It feels like a true hassle when the kiddos are getting restless, but the feeling of  security and having sense overtakes the "urge". I've learned to try and schedule my errands so that my niece can stay with the kids a couple hours while I run around. Way to go for not leaving your babies in the car.

MamaCarterof5
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Im new to the group, when are you due? Im due in May and starting to feel that way. I had a midwife appointment last night and by the time I traversed the parking lot, stairs up, stairs down and dropped off my pre-registration paperwork at the hospital I was pooped! I came home ready to SLEEP. lol

Mama to my 8 little monkeys <3

gizmo538
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Unfortunately, the only appointments available were for today. It was just two appointments, then I had to drop off paperwork. Normally, I try to schedule for days that my DH is off or see if I can get a relative or friend to bring me. 

Today my dad didn't have to go to work until 2 and I considered leaving them with him, but it's a good thing I didn't because we didn't get home until after 2 so I would've made him late for work.

Quoting frstldyhmsch:

Don't feel bad, I've had that same urge before....never acted on it tho'. It feels like a true hassle when the kiddos are getting restless, but the feeling of  security and having sense overtakes the "urge". I've learned to try and schedule my errands so that my niece can stay with the kids a couple hours while I run around. Way to go for not leaving your babies in the car.

frstldyhmsch
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Oooooh I see. Well I'm glad you get to rest up now

baby dust

Quoting gizmo538:

Unfortunately, the only appointments available were for today. It was just two appointments, then I had to drop off paperwork. Normally, I try to schedule for days that my DH is off or see if I can get a relative or friend to bring me. 

Today my dad didn't have to go to work until 2 and I considered leaving them with him, but it's a good thing I didn't because we didn't get home until after 2 so I would've made him late for work.

Quoting frstldyhmsch:

Through the eyes of a "Teacher Momma " typing

http://www.branyact.blogspot.com/  Let's talk homeschool  

gizmo538
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I'm due in July so I still have a long ways to go. I feel ya on being so exhausted. My feet and back are still screaming at me. Thank God they had elevators at these buildings or I wouldn't have made it!

Quoting MamaCarterof5:

Im new to the group, when are you due? Im due in May and starting to feel that way. I had a midwife appointment last night and by the time I traversed the parking lot, stairs up, stairs down and dropped off my pre-registration paperwork at the hospital I was pooped! I came home ready to SLEEP. lol

ToYnyc
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

i hated that too when my kids were younger, my husband worked at night and was home durring the day so i often left them home with him if i could. my kids are 10 and 6 now and i still dont like to take with me on errands because they're always wanting me to spend money i hadn't planned on spending, now i do all my errands while they're in school.

gizmo538
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Yep, I know how that feels too. I have two skids. One is 14 and the other is 8. When I had to go shopping with them, I was constantly asked, "Hey, can you buy me this?" or "Hey, can I get that?"

If you had been there it would've sounded an awful lot like that scene from Shrek 2 between Shrek and Donkey (Or The Mummy Returns when the kid was annoying that guard on the train).

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

Quoting ToYnyc:

i hated that too when my kids were younger, my husband worked at night and was home durring the day so i often left them home with him if i could. my kids are 10 and 6 now and i still dont like to take with me on errands because they're always wanting me to spend money i hadn't planned on spending, now i do all my errands while they're in school.

ToYnyc
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL

Quoting gizmo538:

Yep, I know how that feels too. I have two skids. One is 14 and the other is 8. When I had to go shopping with them, I was constantly asked, "Hey, can you buy me this?" or "Hey, can I get that?"

If you had been there it would've sounded an awful lot like that scene from Shrek 2 between Shrek and Donkey (Or The Mummy Returns when the kid was annoying that guard on the train).

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

Quoting ToYnyc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)