Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Need Advice?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hello Ladies, ok I need some advice my daughter is 8 and she has hair down to her mid back and we have nothing but problems with it meaning she has a hard time brushing it or even doing anything with it.. as I cant braid or really know how to do anything with long hair. I was thinking about cutting it short but don't know if I should or not. My daughter wants to go short but I don't know what kinda hair cut to go with I will post a pick of her now and if any of you ladies have any ideas please feel free to share!!:) it is actually a lot longer now but this is the only pic that is most recant of here that I have on my laptop

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheerwin
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

What about cutting a little at a time?  See if she likes it a few inches shorter and then keep going shorter and more styled everytime until she says stop.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this

If she is willing to have it cut shorter try a classic bob haircut. Short in the back but longer around the face.

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know the terminology but what about cutting her hair into a V? Then it's shorter in the front but still long in the back. My daughter and I both have long hair but the tangles are ridiculous when it's all one length. We have to cut it in a deep V to stop the tangles and reduce the weight. From the front our hair looks shoulder length. In the back it comes to a long point.

frstldyhmsch
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM
2 moms liked this

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this

If she wants to keep it long, take her in and get some layers.  It will lighten it up and make it easier to brush.  Also, here's a website with really cute ideas for hairstyles.

http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/

tanper29
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I would go with a classic bob. Those are always stylish and suits about every face shape. Maybe look up some pics of different hairstyles and cuts either online or in a magazine print them or cut them out and let her hold on to them. That way she can look at them and decide. Also to help with tangles switch from a cotton pillowcase to a silk or satin one. I was told to do that from a hairdresser. Gl.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ToYnyc
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM

how about a bob?

TattoomamaPink
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I'm thinking a bob but the one with it longer in the front

Quoting ToYnyc:

how about a bob?

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM
If you cut off 8 inches, you can donate her hair to Pantene's wig program. Their wigs are free to cancer patients. Many places will also do the haircut for free if you are donating the hair. She is a cutie and a bob is very easy to maintain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ToYnyc
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM

thats cute, and she can always clip it to the side with a barrette.

Quoting TattoomamaPink:

I'm thinking a bob but the one with it longer in the front

Quoting ToYnyc:

how about a bob?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN