Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Hello Ladies, ok I need some advice my daughter is 8 and she has hair down to her mid back and we have nothing but problems with it meaning she has a hard time brushing it or even doing anything with it.. as I cant braid or really know how to do anything with long hair. I was thinking about cutting it short but don't know if I should or not. My daughter wants to go short but I don't know what kinda hair cut to go with I will post a pick of her now and if any of you ladies have any ideas please feel free to share!!:) it is actually a lot longer now but this is the only pic that is most recant of here that I have on my laptop

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I was going to post the link for you but their site doesn't support mobile devices. Google Pantene Beautiful Lengths wig program and you'll find the info.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TattoomamaPink
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow I never thought of that I would love to help someone in need and she would love that to do you know of any particular ones that will do that... and thank you she is queen jaberjaws lol

Quoting Dabberdoo:

If you cut off 8 inches, you can donate her hair to Pantene's wig program. Their wigs are free to cancer patients. Many places will also do the haircut for free if you are donating the hair. She is a cutie and a bob is very easy to maintain.

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM
If she decides to cut that much from her hair, find some pictures of women undergoing chemo and explain what they'll do with her hair. I even got a thank you letter back from Pantene letting me know they received my hair and that it had been accepted. That way you know your hair is actually being used.
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I know Great Clips does it for free here. I don't know about anyone else. I have pictures from when my daughter donated her hair. Its really exciting.

Quoting TattoomamaPink:

Oh wow I never thought of that I would love to help someone in need and she would love that to do you know of any particular ones that will do that... and thank you she is queen jaberjaws lol

Quoting Dabberdoo:

If you cut off 8 inches, you can donate her hair to Pantene's wig program. Their wigs are free to cancer patients. Many places will also do the haircut for free if you are donating the hair. She is a cutie and a bob is very easy to maintain.

TattoomamaPink
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Ok thank you I will call around tomorrow and find out!! :)

Quoting Dabberdoo:

I know Great Clips does it for free here. I don't know about anyone else. I have pictures from when my daughter donated her hair. Its really exciting.

Quoting TattoomamaPink:

Quoting Dabberdoo:

alimorgan
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

my daughters is the same length, my husband doesn't want it cut so I go through the pain of brushing it every morning, I don't braid unless in a pony tail, never learned french braiding.. other then that its in a pony tail most days, if you wanna cut make sure she wants it and go online let her look at hair cuts see if she finds one she likes ! 

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM
It would also be easier to brush if you braided it at night.
TattoomamaPink
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM

This might sound crazy but I don't know how to braid I mean I do but I don't know how to make it tight so it looks like crap when I do it my daughter can braid though lol

Quoting Dabberdoo:

hcdeubof3
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

We just went though this and my daughter is 6. She now has a bob cut and loves it! DD has wavy fine hair that makes tangles like none other. There is no washing her hair without conditioner either. She is really happy with it too! 

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM
If you are just braiding it for overnight it doesn't matter. You are just keeping it from tangling while she is sleeping. Take it out in the morning before she leaves the house. Not that it matters if you are going to cut it but is a thought.

Quoting TattoomamaPink:

This might sound crazy but I don't know how to braid I mean I do but I don't know how to make it tight so it looks like crap when I do it my daughter can braid though lol

Quoting Dabberdoo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)