Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What Blizzard do you remember?

Apparently there was a Blizzard of 1978 (I read in another post) that was before my time, and the time of some of us in this group.

Do you remember a Blizzard during your childhood? Which one?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
alimorgan
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

blizzard of 93, it hit Pa dropping 27 inches up snow in less then 24 hours, we were snowed in for a week , the roads were covered in snow and ice for well over a week, school was closed, all main roads were closed for a few days that year. 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Oh yeah... I remember that one to - in Maryland.

Quoting alimorgan:

blizzard of 93, it hit Pa dropping 27 inches up snow in less then 24 hours, we were snowed in for a week , the roads were covered in snow and ice for well over a week, school was closed, all main roads were closed for a few days that year. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Umm we got 3" a couple of years back and it stuck around until noon. That's a blizzard here lol.
Aislinn
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I was alive, but I do not remember it. For the love of God, I have heard about it, though. :/ There was a storm in 2000 that, literally, buried my S-10. The only thing you could see was the tip of my antenna. However, I live in Maine. A storm has to be really huge to be memorable. Every storm was a bit memorable in 2000, actually...lol

OneDay.
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM
JeremysMom
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Blizzard of '93
EVY6486
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I REMEMBER THE BILIZARD I WAS IN WHEN LIVING IN BOSTON IN 2004 BY BABY ANIYAH WAS ONLY MONTHS OLD...IT WAS CRAZY!!! I NEVER SEEN SO MUCH SNOW IN MY LIFE!!!

2curly
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Me too

Quoting diaperstodating:

I remember the Blizzard of 1996.

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I was way to young to remember the Blizzard of 78. I never even heard of it. I know there was a big blizzard up here in 77. My parents still talk about it til this day.  Apparently, that is when I was concieved. LOL.  I remember that their was a big storm in, I think 88. I remember the snow was up to my waist.  I also recall one in 93, 96, and 2000. The 2000 storm was really bad. Parts of the NYS Thruway were shutdown, and people were trapped in their vehicles for hours. The thruway looked like a parking lot, as many people abandoned their cars and walked to nearby hotels, and buisness to seek shelter. My husband and father both had to sleep at work, because the roads were impassable and there were driving bans all over the place. Lucky for me the area I lived and worked was not hit by the storm (it just missed us). Also we had a big surprise ice storm here in October of 2006.  People were without power for up to 2 weeks in some areas, and it took about 3 weeks for work crews to clear the huge piles of fallen trees and branches.  Hundreds of trees were lost during the storm, and their are still alot of areas where the trees haven't been replace due to the lack of funds for the replanting projects.

BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM

lmao you and I both at first I thought this was going to be a post about Dairy Queen LOL...

Yes I remember a few really nasty snow blizzards from when I was younger

Quoting frstldyhmsch:

LOL I read the post title and my inner "glutton girl" lead me to believe you were talking about Dairy Queen Blizzards!... anyway, yeah I do remember a few blizzards during my childhood years....just can't put my finger on the years....probably a lot of them...I live in the windy city

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)