Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Am I just being mean?( sorry this is long)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

I watch 2 kids after school, one  is 5 a boy and the other 7 a girl. My daughter is about to turn 6. Today they drove me crazy!  i deal with an attitude from my daughter all the time, shes such a drama queen. Today  well I really saw what a drama queen the 7 year old was. At lunch she kept kicking my daughter under the table ( my table is glass) My daughter kept telling her stop kicking my chair till I finally told her stop kicking her chair, at the same moment the boy was doing the same thing, he removed his foot.... the girl she kept on... I told her again remove your foot, she lowered it about an inch, again PLEASE REMOVE YOUR FOOT! same response she lowered it about an inch I then found myself screaming at her for the love of God take your foot down.. her response " my brother was doing it" in a snotty voice.. Me: Yes i am aware of that but he removed his foot the first time I said something to you !her : silence and  She finally stops.  

Later.... My daughter got a brand new coloring book last night, hadn't had a chance to use it she pulls it out an the older girl starts  i Wanna color in it, my daughter tells her well mom just got this for me last night can you get a different book, she has about a dozen, her response your mean you won't let me color. a few minutes pass she decides to repeat 5 times in a row let me color in your book till my daughter says again I just got this coloring book get another book, she does it agai,n let me color in your book over and over again, my daughters response look I am coloring a baby pony, the other child's response why are you so mean to me and she starts crying, you are mean, I looked at her and told her are you serious? she said nothing mean to you ... she walked off... moving to the dining room she continues to pursue her attempts at coloring in that book and my daughter tells her again please stop asking me its a new book, she tells her shes mean again. So I tell her why don't you get another book and make you mom a really nice picture..... silence.. so I say something again to her.. more silence ... finally after repeating it to her a few more times I told her please stop ignoring me she says to me in a snotty voice Im watching this movie ( hop was on ) I told her first of all do not speak to me in that tone second of all when I speak I expect an answer. I get rolling eyes! 

When I bring this up to her mother I get well shes really sensitive and I hate to upset her, you name it this child starts crying about it, anytime she feels threatened, or gets caught doing anything she shouldn't be doing the tears start flowing , at one point I had to tell her, "honey you are about to turn 8 years old  you need to stop acting like a 3 year old, stop crying about everything that happens, this doesn't get you outta trouble here" Her response she stares into space  . I understand puberty is coming but her behavior is just to me ridiculous... Am I wrong? I do not favor my child, trust me I do not put up with her acts she pulls and she knows it but as a mother when i see a child act like this , I call it as I see it, I am tired of hearing she is sensitive I think she pulls the wool over her mother who is very passive,,,,Am I wrong?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
edelweiss23
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Doesn't sound wrong to me.

The other child sounds like a spoiled twit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM
She sounds like my 8 year old niece. I don't take it either. If she had been kicking she would have been warned once then excused from the table.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alimorgan
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I do time out, they are not my children so not my place to discipline other then time out, I have a reward system as well for good behavior. I have been doing this for 20 plus years , i have had ones push my buttons but this girl, she pushes them beyond belief! My husband has actually told me to tell their mother I can't watch them any more, they drive him nuts when he's home. It's the same kind of behavior when he's here , petty crap 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN