Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Less than three weeks

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am getting excited....less than three weeks before DD#1 comes for another visit.  She can only be here for a week this time -she is coming during spring break - but I'll gladly take ANY amount of time we can get with her.   

A friend is coming with her and I was chatting with them on the computer yesterday and asked if the friend had ever been here before....the reply - the friend has never flown before, period!  Talk about a long first-flight!  Our first family trip here was also our sons' first flights....certainly a long introduction into air-travel.  

No real point to this post -- I'm just excited to see DD.  I really miss her.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.Fleury
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Where is DD ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Yay! So her friend needs to get her passport soon.
mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
USA right? And the OP is in the Middle East.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM
What about the job offer? Will she be able to take off work? Or is she going to start after she finishes college?
TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Quoting C.Fleury:

Where is DD ?

DD lives in the states - she is a senior in colllege and stayed to complete it. We moved to Israel last fall.  DD was thinking she would join us after a year, but was offered a full-time job....basically her dream job.....right after graduation, so she will not be joining us - yet.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Quoting diaperstodating:

Yay! So her friend needs to get her passport soon.

Thankfully, she already had one.  Her family lives in New England and I think they travel to Canada fairly often.

C.Fleury
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
How amazing !!!! Enjoy your visit :)

Quoting TableforSeven:

Quoting C.Fleury:

Where is DD ?

DD lives in the states - she is a senior in colllege and stayed to complete it. We moved to Israel last fall.  DD was thinking she would join us after a year, but was offered a full-time job....basically her dream job.....right after graduation, so she will not be joining us - yet.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Quoting diaperstodating:

What about the job offer? Will she be able to take off work? Or is she going to start after she finishes college?

She has been on a break from her job for a few months because she wanted to be -in- the musical at her college this semester.  Normally when she just works on the lighting and sets, she can work both jobs....but rehearsals take too much time.  This is the slow-season at her job and they are fine with it.  She will start full-time at that venue after graduation.....probably within a week or two after commencement.  We will be there for her graduation and for about a week, after we leave, she will start full-time.

arango
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:18 AM
:)
SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Yay!  :)  So happy you get to spend some time with your girl! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)