Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was I wrong?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dd (6) was at a bday party at a health club today (swimming). After swimming she wanted water which they did not have at the party.
I had only $1 on me and thought I would buy her a bottle. I looked at the coolers, the price said .89 cents + tax = $1.00. So I go to the desk and give the guy my dollar and he told me that it was $1.50. I disputed that the price was $1.00, that was on the shelf and asked him to take a look.
He refused and still insisted it was $1.50. I got mad and told him he needed to get the manager.
I went back to the party to check on dd, she was fine. I went back to the counter expecting to see the mgr or the drink and nothing.
I told him to give me my money back and he said to me "I can't believe you are being this big of a bitch over fifty cents".
I (ashamed to say) called him a little prick and walked away.
Was I wrong?. I mean, I checked the price before I even attempted to buy the water. There way an entire shelf of water there with that price indicated. Maybe it was "just fifty cents", but I had no other money on me. Any other store would have honored the price on the shelf. This jerk would not even look or check with the manager.
Maybe I'm petty, but this just really angers me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM
7 moms liked this
You weren't wrong and I would call and explain the entire situation to the manager. Skippy deserves to be fired.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gcecelie
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Do I think you should have put a fuss about the price? No. Maybe just pointed out the sign was wrong.

Do I think he is wrong for his remark? Hell yes. After that you could have slapped him and no one would say you are wrong.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I told my husband the situation and he is laughing at me for getting upset over it.
I was thinking about calling too, and he can't believe that I would do that all over a bottle of water.
I don't know, it just made me so angry.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

You weren't wrong and I would call and explain the entire situation to the manager. Skippy deserves to be fired.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I would not have even walked to the desk if I didn't have enough money, and he refused to look at the sign.

I guess the days that the customer is always right is over.

Quoting gcecelie:

Do I think you should have put a fuss about the price? No. Maybe just pointed out the sign was wrong.

Do I think he is wrong for his remark? Hell yes. After that you could have slapped him and no one would say you are wrong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.Fleury
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd be a little angry as well. However I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Pick your battles hun, this one isn't worth it
GraceStrickland
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM
4 moms liked this
It's not over 50 cents, it's over someome standing in your way when you were trying to meet your childs core need. Triggers rage in most Moms.
BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Ditto! I can't believe he said that to you! I think I'd have done worse.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:08 AM
He called you a bitch?

I'd flip out and he'd be calling his manger on the spot.

Yes it's 50 cent but it's still 50 cent more than the marked price.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

This exactly he should not have called You a Bitch,I would be calling the manager ASAP

Quoting kitty8199:

He called you a bitch?

I'd flip out and he'd be calling his manger on the spot.

Yes it's 50 cent but it's still 50 cent more than the marked price.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Agreed

Quoting GraceStrickland:

It's not over 50 cents, it's over someome standing in your way when you were trying to meet your childs core need. Triggers rage in most Moms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)