Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else want a break

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 54 Replies
I'm a married SAHM of a three year old. I told my husband last night that I wanted a night to myself. He leaves and goes out of town for work every for months for a week or more. I just want one night to myself. To be able to take a bath without hearing my little one trying to find me. To be able to sleep in bed with out listening to my hubby snoring.
I told him it would be nice to be able to go get my hair and nails done. Then to spend a night in a hotel by myself.
Is that so bad to want?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBoyK
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Npe, I want the same thing. Just one ME day!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not bad for you. 

I don't want that. But both of my kids are in school and I have all day to myself. If I'm going to get a hotel room I at least want my husband with me. 

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Nope! I'm thinking a spa retreat for a weekend!

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM

oooh, thats what im going to tell my dh i want for vday. a night at a hotel ALONE! bahaha! im totally serious to.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Heck yeah I'd like a break! I'm a sahm to a 5 yr old and 23 mos old. Sometimes I miss the commute to work. The peace and quiet of it, how I could pick what I wanted to listen to without any commentary from adult or child. Or just the time to think an uninterrupted thought.

However, I think DH would have a bird if I said I wanted to spend the night alone at a hotel. It's just not something I would expect him to understand. So i feel your pain! So far my only release is I put the kids down early on nights when DH won't be home. 

Is it possible for someone to take your 3 yr old overnight when he is out of town?

GrimmLotus
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Yes, I want a break. I never get a break.

blueeyes2000
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:27 PM
We donKt have any family around to watch him overnight. But we are working on trying to get to that point by having a friend of ours who stays at our house and babysits him. We don't get to go out that often but each time we stay out a little later and are working to the point where she could watch him overnight.

By hubby understands that I want to do this. It's juat that he is always on call for his job so we would have to have a plan in placde if I was gone and he got called out.

Quoting Firewoman33:

Heck yeah I'd like a break! I'm a sahm to a 5 yr old and 23 mos old. Sometimes I miss the commute to work. The peace and quiet of it, how I could pick what I wanted to listen to without any commentary from adult or child. Or just the time to think an uninterrupted thought.

However, I think DH would have a bird if I said I wanted to spend the night alone at a hotel. It's just not something I would expect him to understand. So i feel your pain! So far my only release is I put the kids down early on nights when DH won't be home. 

Is it possible for someone to take your 3 yr old overnight when he is out of town?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shevonne0808
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Hi there, I'm not a sahm yet but I do work a full time job outside of the home, take 2 classes per week and involved in church activities. I think its important for you to have time away from home for yourself doing things that interest you and it should be something that makes you happy. I make it a point once per month or every 6 weeks to get my nails done and get a pedi. Maybe you and your hubby can carve out time for you to get in some you time. Also I treat myself to the spa at least once per year with my girlfriends. I believe I cant give my family 100% if I am not 100% and inorder for me to be 100% I have to make sure I have time for myself periodically. There is nothing wrong with u wanting you time.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Quoting shevonne0808:

Hi there, I'm not a sahm yet but I do work a full time job outside of the home, take 2 classes per week and involved in church activities. I think its important for you to have time away from home for yourself doing things that interest you and it should be something that makes you happy. I make it a point once per month or every 6 weeks to get my nails done and get a pedi. Maybe you and your hubby can carve out time for you to get in some you time. Also I treat myself to the spa at least once per year with my girlfriends. I believe I cant give my family 100% if I am not 100% and inorder for me to be 100% I have to make sure I have time for myself periodically. There is nothing wrong with u wanting you time.

Great advice and I agree.

Whether you're a sahm or ftwm~ all moms need to find some "me time". I don't go away by myself or anything like that but I do make the time to do things I enjoy like stopping at the library to browse for books alone, go for a walk, read, etc. If I don't make time for myself everyone else suffers, lol.

babygirl7161
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Omg yes i want one too, but at the same time i wouldn't know what to do with myself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)