Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

sick kids AGAIN...who else is feeling the epidemic?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM
  • 37 Replies

i can't believe this crap.  almost a full month between thanksgiving and christmas, me, DH, DD and DS had long-lasting colds, coughs...one week after our return from cabo in january, both kids had a fever for 4-5 days each with nasty congestion, and AGAIN this week...DS has pinkeye, and both kids are running fevers again.  oh, and i had an ear infection all weekend, but that hardly matters in the wake of sick babies.

a client told me to start supplementing with vitamin C crystals in juice, on food, in smoothies, etc.  i have for the last three days, but this latest bout has got me down...i just want health back in our lives!!!  any surefire tips to avoid the crud out there?

and does anyone else want to flip some germs the big middle finger?  ugh....

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM

my DS is sick again.. he was sick for 3 weeks, got better and is sick once again

MJP76
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I  strongly believe in healing yourself by eating the right foods. As supplements I swear by Vit C and also garlic supplements.

we rarely get sick. DD has been sick once this year.. It lasted about 4 days. I've been sick once, right after DD mine lasted 2 days. DS and DH has not been sick as all this year.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Yes, we've had stuff going around here too.

pottymouthmommy
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:35 PM

that's why i'm frustrated....we eat very well.  lots of fruits, veggies, beans.  we exercise.  we drink a lot of water.   grr.  hope the vitamin C supplements help...going to make it a permanent part of the diet!

Quoting MJP76:

I  strongly believe in healing yourself by eating the right foods. As supplements I swear by Vit C and also garlic supplements.

we rarely get sick. DD has been sick once this year.. It lasted about 4 days. I've been sick once, right after DD mine lasted 2 days. DS and DH has not been sick as all this year.

notabosley
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM
We are on a second round of the cold here in two months. ❕ Hate the crud. We are good about cleaning and washing our hands, but no hope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Ds has a consistent cold, had a sinus infection, plus both of us have had stomach bugs AND a staph infection. Can't wait for spring to get here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Try odorless garlic supplements. They are an "all cure"

Quoting pottymouthmommy:

that's why i'm frustrated....we eat very well.  lots of fruits, veggies, beans.  we exercise.  we drink a lot of water.   grr.  hope the vitamin C supplements help...going to make it a permanent part of the diet!

Quoting MJP76:

BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Actually for once this year NOBODY got sick other than a small flu bug that hit my DS & DD,last year everyone was sick from December-February,colds,flu bug,sinus infections,my son had this barking cough for 2 weeks,I am glad nobody got sick for that long this year,I hope you and your family feel better soon.

yperez0209
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM

My family started getting sick early december then everyone was well on new yrs than got sick again, then recovered and we all got it again. Yes, three times. Twice we got pink eye with the high fever. It's been the worse year ever for sickness. BTW I have five children and a husband so it was not fun having everyone sick. I feel your pain. I am also pregnant and got it for an entire week.

gilbertgrl627
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I hear ya. For about a month (around the holidays), every one of us was sick at one point or another (and sometimes all at once). I was the last one sick, and then had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin (lots and lots of hives). So far, we've been good, but DS2 has had a runny nose the past couple of days, and DS1 was waking up with a runny/stuffy nose and bad cough. This morning he didn't, so we'll see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)