Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Is this your first job?.. NO! Don't hate cuz I look good! *vent*

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 2 Replies

Sorry. Venting.

You know, one thing I am tired of people doing at work is asking...

1) Is this your first job?
2) How old are you?

No. This is not my first place of employment so stop sucking your teeth and rolling your eyes every time I give you instructions.

No. I am not here straight from college. Even so, your boss sent me over here to help YOU jackass.

My age is none of your concern.

And yes, I know more than you because I have been here longer and the programming language is proprietary ... so suck on it.

I cannot help that I look 27. Blame my Momma.

People are told to come to me for advice or I am told to help a team with a project and all the men (yes, typically just the men because I am in engineering and there are few women around) get all wacko. So, I just let them fall on their face and come crawling back. Then they will do what I told them to in the first place. One guy even had the nerve to talk to me like I was some small little girl begging for his help when I had a question once. He was sent away never to talk to me again. Lost his LAST 2 teaspoons of good sense!

"Oh, I thought you came here straight out of college."... oh oh oh.. really? Well, I thought you were a jackass but it seems I am right and you sir... are wrong. Suck on it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MamaCarterof5
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I have baby face cheeks and 8 kids. I get the "There is no way you gave birth to all those children-" line all the time. What, did they think I started popping them out when I was 10?

There are days when I think having a large family is hard enough, but to get the judgemental stares we get some times... whew... its hard not to let it cut at me.

gcecelie
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Yesss... like when I was in HS and would take my baby brother shopping with me. "He's so cute but she is SO YOUNG!"

Are you serious? Do you just assume I am his Mom because [insert prejudice thoughts]?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)