Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you freaking kidding me?!-Updated

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM
  • 37 Replies

2013 has not been a good year so far.

Thus far in 2013, I had 2 friends die, a tornado swept through, and now this.

So today, I'm in the living room when someone knocks on the door. I answer and it's a man who is apologizing for backing into my car. With a dump truck.

Why the hell he was in our little townhouse community with a dump truck I do not know, but somehow he missed my Honda and backed into it, smashing out the back window, destroying one of the back tail lights and nearly ripping off a side panel. Called the police, filed a report, and I'm going to have to get a rental until it's fixed.

If 2013 would like to give me a break anytime now, that would be much appreciated.

Here's an update:

So we have to wait about 10 days to even get the police report and we apparently have to pay for it, which is not only ridiculous and irritating as well. Then the insurance company the guy provided us told us they have no one on record with the policy number he gave. So that's just perfect. We can't do anything until we get the police report, and you know for some reason they're making us wait to get that when they should have just given it to me yesterday when the officer was here! I asked for it, and the guy said we had to go to the site.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Oh no!
Prayers your year improves!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:35 PM

wow, that really sucks about your car, and sorry for the losses of your friends. hope the year starts to look up for you.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM
:-( Sorry you're having a bad year. I've been there. 1997 was a doozy for me. Come to think of it, 95, 96 and 97 all treated me pretty poorly.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Wow! I am sorry your 2013 is off to a bad start, the loss of your friends, and your car : (
frstldyhmsch
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

hugs

sdgd21
by Diana on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM

sorry, (hugs)

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Ugh.... at least his insurance will pay to fix it. That stinks the year has been rough going so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Deanna155
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I hope it gets better for you!

hugs

BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM

So sorry :-( prayers that everything will improve for You...

hugs

casseopeia
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Must be a bad year.  Mine started off getting fired at the end of December and filing for unemployment at the beginning of 2013.  One friend died last week from brain cancer.  She was only 8 years older than me.  And tonight, I broke up with my asshole boyfriend and tore his Valentine's day card in half.  I didn't get much out of his house.  He still has all my stuff, but I did manage to grab my bottle of tequila.   PARTY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)