Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

c-section

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 14 Replies

Has anyone or anyone know of anyone whose scar tissue and or adhesions after a c-section makes it more difficult to get pregnant?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I've had 2 csections. Never had an issue getting pregnant after my first one. Never even heard that it would make it harder or not.

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I read about some one in another group yesterday that had that problem... but I don't remember where!  Sorry!

tnmommy5
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I've had 4 c sections and never had any issues getting pregnant. In fact I got pregnant with twins after my 3rd c section. Scar tissue from endomytriosis (sp?) can cause problems but I've never heard of c section scar tissue causing any.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mari6443
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Same here. I've never heard that.

Quoting OliviaW.:

I've had 2 csections. Never had an issue getting pregnant after my first one. Never even heard that it would make it harder or not.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USD2012
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I have never heard of any one with such issues... Had a C-section too.. would like to know more on this..

Marimaru
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM

No issues here, my sister had no issues, and my mom had no issues.

Lslk
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Ditto!

Quoting OliviaW.:

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I dont think its an actual issue with pregnancy, however scar tissue can affect inplantation if thats where the egg inplants. There r risks to multiple c sections and pregnancies. Rupture is a big one. I could see an issue with where the egg implants but that would probably make it a high risk more than prevent pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USD2012
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Risk of rupture... owff...that sounds scary to me.. ;(

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

I dont think its an actual issue with pregnancy, however scar tissue can affect inplantation if thats where the egg inplants. There r risks to multiple c sections and pregnancies. Rupture is a big one. I could see an issue with where the egg implants but that would probably make it a high risk more than prevent pregnancy.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN