Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Anyone else have an Empty Nest

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 14 Replies

It has always been just my daughter and I.  This past fall she achieved early admittance and now my house is completley empty.  I'm only 37 and trying to adjust to it just being me.  She comes home about once a month and return for the summer, but I'm just have a bit of a hard time.  

Anyone else out there...Hints to get through it.  

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I was never in your exact position but when I got divorced 2 weekends a month I was totally alone. 

Well let's see, you're still young, try to turn this into a positive !  Take some "me" time - take this opportunity to get together with friends, go out, do stuff on your own.  That's what I did with my alone weekends, until I met DH then I'd go spend the weekends at his house !

gabyangy
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I will be when my youngest starts college in the fall. 

MJP76
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Travel! That's our plan when the kids are gone.

USD2012
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Recomended.

Quoting MJP76:

Travel! That's our plan when the kids are gone.

crzctl8de
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I wish I could travel.  I've sunk everything into raising her so I have to keep working.  Unless I can find a new job that I can travel with. :)

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Not sure where you live but I know a few people who use eventsandadventures.com to meet up with other people to do fun things together. It is for singles only but there isn't any pressure to go out with anyone. It's just to go out and have fun. It's a neat way to make new friends. "http://www.eventsandadventures.com/"

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Not yet but my son is growing up so fast that before I know it he'll be out of the house. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
twylanight
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Think of the freedom.....dare I say the men if you're a single mom......more importantly-the choices!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Not yet, but I agree with those who suggested travelling :)

GardenEve
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Hi! I was a single mom for a long time. My daughter is my heartbeat. Although I'm married for 7 yrs now, my daughter has left for college. Almost identical situation however, she's met a boy..... I'm not hearing about her day, or classes or events. I'm not going to smother her but I'm dying inside. I know this is normal but I now feel lost. Yes, my plan is to focus on my marriage and be positive and blah blah blah but it HURTS! I'm 43 and she's my only child. We are so in sync we get each other without speaking. I'm happy if she's happy but it sucks! I don't know what to tell you as I'm trying to figure it out as well. I have 2 cats now I'm thinking of a dog! Idk. Ugh. I feel your pain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN