Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

New 1st time mom here

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi! I am a 31 year old first time mom to a very handsome baby boy who will be 2 months tomorrow!  Time flies and I am actually going back to work tomorrow as well.  I don't want to leave my little guy but at the same time I am ready to not be at home all the time.  I am breastfeeding but have had to start mixing in formula twice a day since little guy isn't gaining weight as fast as he should be.  I have mixed feelings about this as well.  I want to breastfeed as long as I can but my production has slowed and since he's not gaining the way he should have a feeling he will be all formula before too long. 

How have those of you working moms who breastfeed dealt with having to pump at work and still nurse at home?  A freind of mine stopped producing when she came back to work even with pumping.  Any advise on how to keep production up while having limited time to pump?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Welcome!

Sorry, no advice on work and breast feeding as I have always been a SAHM and my kids were all bottle-babies.

BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM

This

Quoting TableforSeven:

Welcome!

Sorry, no advice on work and breast feeding as I have always been a SAHM and my kids were all bottle-babies.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Hello and welcome!  Sorry, I'm no help though.  I became a SAHM when my dd was born.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Pumping never really worked for me, so I can't help you with that, but I have a friend who was able to successfully pump for both of her kids for about 6 months each, so it can be done.

There are foods that you can eat that will help your supply, oatmeal is one of them though I can't remember the others.  Also making sure you drink plenty of fluids throughout the day will help.

Quoting EverettsMom12:

Hi! I am a 31 year old first time mom to a very handsome baby boy who will be 2 months tomorrow!  Time flies and I am actually going back to work tomorrow as well.  I don't want to leave my little guy but at the same time I am ready to not be at home all the time.  I am breastfeeding but have had to start mixing in formula twice a day since little guy isn't gaining weight as fast as he should be.  I have mixed feelings about this as well.  I want to breastfeed as long as I can but my production has slowed and since he's not gaining the way he should have a feeling he will be all formula before too long. 

How have those of you working moms who breastfeed dealt with having to pump at work and still nurse at home?  A freind of mine stopped producing when she came back to work even with pumping.  Any advise on how to keep production up while having limited time to pump?

mrsrobin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:38 PM
The weight gain thing is a myth. See a local lactation consultant and pump after every time he eats. Drink plenty of fluid. I'd also check out the leaky boob on Facebook.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)