Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

dirty laundry

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 23 Replies
HELP!!!!! how do I get my 8 year old daughter to wipe her a**??? Everyday she has poo underwear......EVERYDAY. not just a little either, A LOT.....We are clean people, we bathe everyday, sometimes twice! I've showed them to her, made her smell them, nothing works... HELP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM

You made her smell them ?,yuck,I have no idea sorry.

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Try getting those wet wipes?

zasemom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I didn't rub them in her nose, just kinda fanned them in her direction. I won't lie, I'm desperate. She's already had several UTIs as it is......don't judge, I'm asking for help. I don't think I'm the only mother on the planet that has a child that doesn't wipe.... Any advice will be appreciated. TIA

Quoting BlsdWithTwOKids:

zasemom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:46 PM
That's a good idea, thanks! I hope she'll use them, she uses no toilet paper.

Quoting anotherandree:

Try getting those wet wipes?

ruthallen
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM
You are not alone. My son won't wipe either.

Quoting zasemom:

I didn't rub them in her nose, just kinda fanned them in her direction. I won't lie, I'm desperate. She's already had several UTIs as it is......don't judge, I'm asking for help. I don't think I'm the only mother on the planet that has a child that doesn't wipe.... Any advice will be appreciated. TIA

Quoting BlsdWithTwOKids:

Butter331
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Has she said why she doesnt wipe? I would try the wipes or have her shower afterwards if she goes at a certain time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM

at 8 you should be able to reason with her... why does she not use toilet paper ??  The only option I see is the wet wipes, buy the flushable ones of course.  They sell the pocket size for when she goes to school etc ... Charmin makes them !   

zasemom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Sometimes she " forgets ".....I know sometimes at school or in public there might not be TP....or she's in a hurry. I can understand it happening every now and then, but it is EVERYDAY. I guess I'll go to the store in a few and get some flushables, thanks!

Quoting Jinxed8:

at 8 you should be able to reason with her... why does she not use toilet paper ??  The only option I see is the wet wipes, buy the flushable ones of course.  They sell the pocket size for when she goes to school etc ... Charmin makes them !   

RatherBeReading
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I was going to suggest the wet wipes too. ***TMI*** My husband has to use them, because his poop is so thick, he will go through most of a roll of TP trying to get it all wiped. The wet wipes make it so much easier to clean up with. That may be her issue as well. It's like $3.50 for a 3 pack (144 wipes) in the baby part of the health and beauty section at Walmart.

wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM

you're not alone.. although my daughter is 6 and forgets at times... we don't do the flushable wipes (I've heard and SEEN them actually clog pipes!!!)    what I usually do is after she's done I flat out ask if she wiped.. if she says 'no' or 'i dont know' some thing along those lines. we send her back to the bathroom to 'try again'   

now granted that can't be done at school but it does help at least part of the day

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)