Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been affected by the rising food costs

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 35 Replies
It seems like every time I go shopping I spend more. I am buying the same things. I did get some good deals at Winco.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Yes! 

christineT79
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I'm on a strict budget & lately it seems like I'm spending more & getting less. I've become a very smart shopper after deciding to become a SAHM & living off one income. I buy everything I can at Walmart then go to the grocery store for meat & deli items only. That works for me to save money.

MJP76
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM

We don't spend more, because we go with a budget, but I do notice, less in my cart.. Or having to pick and choose what to get....but just sometimes...

ambertreas76
by Amber on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM

It hasn't been too bad in Florida where I am.  I noticed milk went up a bit.  

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM
That's how it is with us lately.

Quoting christineT79:

Yes. I'm on a strict budget & lately it seems like I'm spending more & getting less. I've become a very smart shopper after deciding to become a SAHM & living off one income. I buy everything I can at Walmart then go to the grocery store for meat & deli items only. That works for me to save money.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM
That is how it started with us.

Quoting MJP76:

We don't spend more, because we go with a budget, but I do notice, less in my cart.. Or having to pick and choose what to get....but just sometimes...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Every thing is going up here.

Quoting ambertreas76:

It hasn't been too bad in Florida where I am.  I noticed milk went up a bit.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Its  been like this for us for the last 3 years. Since we bought our home, and our mortgage was a tad out of our price range, so we had to adjust. I have noticed the increase in food prices, but I was trying to recall when I first noticed and I can't. 

I mean we've been on some type of budget our entire life, but it seems that gas and groceries just gouge the hell out of us..lol

about a year ago we switched from shopping at Walmart to giant eagle. The food is more expensive but with the fuel perks, we don't spend more than 30.00 a month in gas for two vehicles.. So I think it works out...

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

That is how it started with us.

Quoting MJP76:

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I have cut back on processed stuff.  Even fresh stuff is more expensive though, I love going to the Farmer's Market when it opens in March, all through the entire growing season.  That's where I get the majority of our food.  I think this year I am going to try to preserve more than last because of the rising prices.

BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually no i have not,i am not saying it's like this everywhere but I can find fruits and veggies for extremely low prices and I am on a one hundred dollar a week budget for me & my 2 kids and I can get a lot of food for less than one hundred dollars,yes I shop at cheap stores,I have seen people on here saying that a jar of peanut butter or milk is sky high but here I can get a gallon of milk for $2.99 and a jar of peanut butter for $1.99,I shop at Target,Walmart,Safeway or Fred Meyer,yes I make shopping lists and I don't buy anything extra that is NOT on my list,the only things I have cut back on is buying treats for my children with my extra money & I quit eating out so much,I have saved a lot of Money that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)