Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

WTF?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

Purchases that might make a cashier say "What the fuck"!

3,250 dollars in gift cards to lowes
15 dollars in gift cards for subway
And 10 dollars in diet dr pepper (purchased with a gift card)

What about you? Have you ever made a cashier say WTF?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't know. But as a cashier there was quite a bit of people that made me go "WTF". 

Pregnancy test, condoms and a case of beer. And it was an elderly man that bought these items....lol. 

BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL no I think my purchases are normal to me but some of the people I see getting things at stores make me go huh lol,I like to see what people have in their carts at Costco,not to judge just because I have seen some interesting amounts of food,I saw this guy with about ten jars of frying oil and 4 boxes of newborn sized huggies diapers,I assume he had a reasturant and a baby or two,I saw these guys with about 3 carts full of bottled water,paper plates,hot dogs,etc etc,I am sure it was stuff for a BBQ then I have seen people come out of Costco with just a bag of chips...

BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Quoting countrymomma81:

I don't know. But as a cashier there was quite a bit of people that made me go "WTF". 

Pregnancy test, condoms and a case of beer. And it was an elderly man that bought these items....lol. 

Oh my I wonder what he needed those for,well maybe I don't.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting BlsdWithTwOKids:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Oh my I wonder what he needed those for,well maybe I don't.

Well, maybe he (or someone close to him) needed the test. The condoms were possibly going to whoever needed the test in case it was negative. And the beer may have been either celebratory or to get his mind off of whatever his situation may have been...lol. 

TroyboysMom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:51 AM

I'm sure I have before - tons of pipe cleaners, a box of tampax, and glue (Which I did recently). When I was a cashier, I was more "WTF?" ing more over where people kept their money.

KylesMom409
I have no idea how DH handles what's going on with his health. He's been diabetic for 21 years and now he has celiac disease. :(
Sunday at 8:59 PM
by Linnette on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Oh my goodness! LOL and yes, I was a cashier for almost 10 years so a LOT of people made me go WTF?! LOL

Quoting countrymomma81:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
merryvoice
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, this is going to sound awful! I got books on learning German, a book on torture and a book on Nazis. The look I got was incredible!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ronvot
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex and I once bought two cans of chili, a 12-pack of Dr. Pepper, and some toilet paper and that's it. When we were in line to check out and I was staring at our stuff, it dawned on me that this might look like a pretty weird purchase to the cashier.
ACrowsNest
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Batteries, a bag of tea light candles, a chocolate bar and a pack of cigarettes (years ago, when I used to smoke). Sounds like a great night doesn't it? lol I needed the batteries for my tv remote, candles were for a dinner party, and the chocolate for pms. The cashier gave me a look like "I know what you're planning," so I just winked and smiled.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM

ha ha ha ha

Quoting merryvoice:

Yeah, this is going to sound awful! I got books on learning German, a book on torture and a book on Nazis. The look I got was incredible!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)