Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Where should I go?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 13 Replies

Where should I go this year on vacation? We would probably go about the second week of August. By that time, my daughter will be 2 and my sons will still be 3 and 5. What are some kid friendly and fun for the family vacation spots? And if any that allow dogs that would be cool, if not any suggestions are good! 

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyJ604
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I wanna go to Tennessee!!!! Stay in a cabin:)

hockeymom94
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Pawley's Island

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Quoting hockeymom94:

Pawley's Island

It looks beautiful! But is it family friendly? Doesn't look like it has much to do for the family! 

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I'm looking into Virginia! We could go to Virginia Beach, visit the aquarium, the Ocean Breeze Water park, and we could go hiking! Has anyone been? 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

We usually do beach vacations.  Virginia Beach sounds like fun, but I've never been there.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I've been to VA Beach, my SO and I took my dd there when she was younger.  The aquarium is very nice, we had a good time there, it's not huge, but it's a nice size.  We didn't go to the water park.  There's not much to do on the strip for kids.  There are a bunch of bars, resturants and shopping.  The beach area is nice, I live at the Jersey Shore so I'm used to a different type of beach area, but it was still nice.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Myrtle Beach SC has a ton of stuff to do.  Mystic Connecticut is another nice place and it has an aquarium too.  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

NikkiDoll
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Orlando. It's my favorite vacation spot :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyBear28
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I live close to the Jersey Shore! Never been to VA, hopefully it's nice for the kiddies! 

Quoting Briesmom38:

I've been to VA Beach, my SO and I took my dd there when she was younger.  The aquarium is very nice, we had a good time there, it's not huge, but it's a nice size.  We didn't go to the water park.  There's not much to do on the strip for kids.  There are a bunch of bars, resturants and shopping.  The beach area is nice, I live at the Jersey Shore so I'm used to a different type of beach area, but it was still nice.

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Myrtle beach is nice but a little far from me and I don't think I could take the ride! Mystic Connecticut is a nice idea, ill look into it! I went as a kid and I love it! Thanks for the idea!

Quoting Briesmom38:

Myrtle Beach SC has a ton of stuff to do.  Mystic Connecticut is another nice place and it has an aquarium too.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN