Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Is it unromantic to not want...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 76 Replies

Flowers and chocolates on valentines day?

Are you a valentines day type of girl...like all the cutesy and romantic stuff?

Do you get sad if you dont get flowers (and chocolates)?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

We don't celebrate Valentines Day at all in our family.  And I never want DH to get me chocolates or flowers.

Brooked18
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I live when dh gets me chocolate, and flowers every now and then are nice, but he always tells me how Unromantic I am, I seriously feel like he is the women and I am the man in the relationship
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Like Christmas I think so much of it has gotten to be materialistic and superficial.
I'm way more into the kind gestures and people using their hearts instead of wallets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I don't think it's unromantic at all.  I'm all for romance, but I don't need a specific day for it.  My SO and I show how we feel for each other all of the time.  As for flowers and chocolates, well, considering I am watching what I eat and losing weight, my SO won't buy me any choclate, and he knows I'm more of a pick me some flowers type of girl.  So I definitely won't be getting either today, which is fine by me.  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

christineT79
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really care about the flowers & chocolates but I think a card is nice. That's all I really hope for.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM

had it always been like that for you?

Quoting TableforSeven:

We don't celebrate Valentines Day at all in our family.  And I never want DH to get me chocolates or flowers.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM

aww...why do you think he says that? how long have you been together?

Quoting Brooked18:

I live when dh gets me chocolate, and flowers every now and then are nice, but he always tells me how Unromantic I am, I seriously feel like he is the women and I am the man in the relationship

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

yes being kind to one another all the time far outweighs dropping a wad of cash on a couple items on one day

Quoting crwspringer:

Like Christmas I think so much of it has gotten to be materialistic and superficial.
I'm way more into the kind gestures and people using their hearts instead of wallets.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM

yeah i agree...it's wonderful to show love and affection throughout...

how long have you been trying to loose weight? whats your goal?

Quoting Briesmom38:

I don't think it's unromantic at all.  I'm all for romance, but I don't need a specific day for it.  My SO and I show how we feel for each other all of the time.  As for flowers and chocolates, well, considering I am watching what I eat and losing weight, my SO won't buy me any choclate, and he knows I'm more of a pick me some flowers type of girl.  So I definitely won't be getting either today, which is fine by me.  

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:21 AM

hand made cards are really cute too

Quoting christineT79:

I don't really care about the flowers & chocolates but I think a card is nice. That's all I really hope for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)