Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good makeup for person with large pores and DRY skin?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 43 Replies

All I can find are posts about large pores and oily skin or acne I have large pores and dry skin. Very large pores! I have tried so many makeup brands that have good coverage for the pores but they all enhance the dry parts of my face. I wash, scrub, tone, prime, all that so please just makeup talk not skin care, in sincerity.....Mac was last "send back" it just sat in each pore, enhancing. 

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Have you tried Arbonne?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Camsmom101007
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Never even heard of it. Foundation? 

Quoting grneyedormom:

Have you tried Arbonne?

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not the foundation you need to focus on, it's the finishing powder. You need one that produces an airbrush effect. I have large pores and dry skin too, I use tinted moisturizer and finish it with Smashbox Halo powder, which is moisturizing and airbrushed the pores. It is tinted and provides extra coverage, if you don't need the extra cover Make Up Forever HD finishing powder is great too and feels silky.

None of these products are cheap, but I don't scimp on my skin or hair. They are investments in "me".
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Foundation, mineral powders, pressed powders, shadows, blushes, face wash, scrubs, etc. it's not in stores, purchased through individual consultants. You can find one at www.arbonne.com It's on the spendy side but I love it and what it's done for my face in my "old" age compared to the over the counter make ups and face washes.
justahousewife
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Treat your face with witch hazel and a moisturizer. Instead of covering up the problem, treat it.
Camsmom101007
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Is halo better than photofinish people rave about?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

It's not the foundation you need to focus on, it's the finishing powder. You need one that produces an airbrush effect. I have large pores and dry skin too, I use tinted moisturizer and finish it with Smashbox Halo powder, which is moisturizing and airbrushed the pores. It is tinted and provides extra coverage, if you don't need the extra cover Make Up Forever HD finishing powder is great too and feels silky.

None of these products are cheap, but I don't scimp on my skin or hair. They are investments in "me".

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I think so, it comes in a huge tub and is more moisturizing.

Quoting Camsmom101007:

Is halo better than photofinish people rave about?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Camsmom101007
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM

BUMP!

jules0787
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Aveda
stepconfused182
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Have you ever used Clinique? They have different formulas for different skin types and they're all hypoallergenic. I've used Clinique for about 15 years now and absolutely love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)