Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was your Valentine's Day?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 63 Replies

happy valentine

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Mine was pretty much like any other day.

Sj218
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I started a new job today, had a great conversation with this guy I'm enjoying getting to know, got one step closer to being disconnected from my ex and had a nice quiet evening with the most awesome 9 yo in the world. Nothing romantic. Just a really good day!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Pretty damn awesome although a family affair :-)
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Sounds like a good day!  Good luck with your job!

Quoting Sj218:

I started a new job today, had a great conversation with this guy I'm enjoying getting to know, got one step closer to being disconnected from my ex and had a nice quiet evening with the most awesome 9 yo in the world. Nothing romantic. Just a really good day!

MumsTheWord571
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Good until dinner time.

Dh was supposed to be home at 6, he rolled in at 7. The kids were starving, tired and cranky. Then where I wanted to eat had an hour wait and we ha already missed our reservations so we would HAVE to wait. So instead we went to El Torito Grill where he either space out, played video games or stared at other women. Leaving me to parent both kids myself. Trying to get them to eat something (since they refuse when they're starving. Don't ask me why). Then DS spilled water everywhere. Dh was more interested in saving the electronics than anything else. He didn't even dry DSs pants properly before they soaked up all the water. So I had to take him to the bathroom and dry his as well as I could. Which was not much. Dh wouldn't stop yelling at DS for spilling. Even though it was an honest accident. Then he acted like an ass when it was time to go. Now he's not talking to me because I got upset with his attitude.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I'm sorry =(

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Good until dinner time.

Dh was supposed to be home at 6, he rolled in at 7. The kids were starving, tired and cranky. Then where I wanted to eat had an hour wait and we ha already missed our reservations so we would HAVE to wait. So instead we went to El Torito Grill where he either space out, played video games or stared at other women. Leaving me to parent both kids myself. Trying to get them to eat something (since they refuse when they're starving. Don't ask me why). Then DS spilled water everywhere. Dh was more interested in saving the electronics than anything else. He didn't even dry DSs pants properly before they soaked up all the water. So I had to take him to the bathroom and dry his as well as I could. Which was not much. Dh wouldn't stop yelling at DS for spilling. Even though it was an honest accident. Then he acted like an ass when it was time to go. Now he's not talking to me because I got upset with his attitude.

MumsTheWord571
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Thanks. That was really the worst valentines dinner I've ever had. Seriously. And that was ALL I asked for. A nice dinner, the 4 of us.

On a good note, went to DSs valentines party at his school. It was sweet and fun. Dd got to participate even though she only 1. We had a lot of fun. And the other kids were super cute trying to play with her or asking me for help.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I'm sorry =(

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Good until dinner time.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

That's good that you had fun at the party!

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Thanks. That was really the worst valentines dinner I've ever had. Seriously. And that was ALL I asked for. A nice dinner, the 4 of us.

On a good note, went to DSs valentines party at his school. It was sweet and fun. Dd got to participate even though she only 1. We had a lot of fun. And the other kids were super cute trying to play with her or asking me for help.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I'm sorry =(

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Good until dinner time.

No1knows
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Mine was equally blah and SO and I are in a fight about very similar issues. It's like we're not allowed to get upset over their shitty attitudes when there is a disagreement over the kids and we have to do all the work anyway! Hugs.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Good until dinner time.

MumsTheWord571
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Thanks. He does this all the time. He gets a shitty attitude and I'm supposed to deal. But if I get upset, even after hours of dealing with the attitude there is hell to pay. And it's ALL my fault. Always. Seriously annoying.

Quoting No1knows:

Mine was equally blah and SO and I are in a fight about very similar issues. It's like we're not allowed to get upset over their shitty attitudes when there is a disagreement over the kids and we have to do all the work anyway! Hugs.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Good until dinner time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)