Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband left me

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 23 Replies

for a guys weekend. I thought I would go get some shopping done and my kids drove me insane. I have an 11 yo and two 5 yo. My 11 yo isn't so bad but my twins will not listen. They wouldn't hold their sisters hand or stand by me. How do you all go shopping with the kids?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I don't. I wait until my oldest is in school and then I go. My DD is 17 mo so she sits in the cart or stiller while I shop. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ooCherryo0
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM

If my older two weren't at their moms this weekend I would have left them home but I don't feel safe leaving my 11 yo home alone with the little ones lol. 

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I don't. I wait until my oldest is in school and then I go. My DD is 17 mo so she sits in the cart or stiller while I shop. Lol

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I only have one 5 year old, so it's never been a problem to shop with her.  

Asteria3
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Ha ha. I have an 8 yo, 5 yo, and 7 mo. I only shop with the 7 mo and that is around his schedule. My other 2 do not like shopping. So they misbehave like crazy. They literally feed off of each other. If I have to take them, I usually look like a crazed yelling mom who has no control over her kids. Oh yes, I get the looks!
ooCherryo0
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Oh yes that was me tonight! I almost called my husband and begged him to come home. Maybe tomorrow I will go to Sams Club. They have two seater carts. At least then I can get more shopping done. 

Quoting Asteria3:

Ha ha. I have an 8 yo, 5 yo, and 7 mo. I only shop with the 7 mo and that is around his schedule. My other 2 do not like shopping. So they misbehave like crazy. They literally feed off of each other. If I have to take them, I usually look like a crazed yelling mom who has no control over her kids. Oh yes, I get the looks!

SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I let them dress up as super heros, or bring a stroller or toy cart, whatever they feel like for that week. Then we make a game of it. If they behave, they get a free cookie at the bakery. Everyone knows our antics by now an even the baggers will say "I hope you can get a cookie" when there is whining or the beginnings I'd naughtyness.
ooCherryo0
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM

To bad Walmart doesn't have those toy carts or free cookies! I did bribe them with a treat though. That calmed them down a little bit, not enough though.

Quoting SMTCMMoore:

I let them dress up as super heros, or bring a stroller or toy cart, whatever they feel like for that week. Then we make a game of it. If they behave, they get a free cookie at the bakery. Everyone knows our antics by now an even the baggers will say "I hope you can get a cookie" when there is whining or the beginnings I'd naughtyness.

BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Yes that was me Today,my 8 year old and 6 year old got into a screaming fight in the middle of the mall after we got groceries from Walmart,my 6 year old ended up crying and some little girl came over and was looking at her,I was like no she's OK,I was embarrased,the other times I have taken them they have behaved,I think next weekend they will stay Home.

Quoting Asteria3:

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I have 3- 13, 10, & 6. I put them to work. They usually have some kind of job, though it is easier with just the 6 yr old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klbetts
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I have a 7,3,&2. I put the youngest in the cart and the older two walk with one hand on the cart at all times. The free hand is put in a pocket or is holding one item on the list. This way I feel secure and they feel important. I also have to do the shopping with the kids due to my hubby being gone right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)