Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

diva cup?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 17 Replies

do any of you ladies use one?

how long before you get the hang of it?

how do you know if you put it in correctly or incorrectly?

is the stem supose to be out, like a tampon shring would be?

i Just got mine this week, just in time! i started today and i had a party for my son so i just used a tampon because i was afraid of leaking. i put in the cup a little while ago and im not sure if itll hold up, if i did it right. i couldnt turn it really like the direction said to, do you have to do the step?

really im looking for any pros and cons and advice on these

update: 3/18/2013

SO this time around i didn't think i wanted to use the diva since the last experience was horrible. However day two of my cycle i decided i mite as well give it a shot, i did spend like $40 on this thing. I think i may just like this cup after all. now that i know how to get it in and out it and im not sore this time. I do not think id ever empty it in a public place though,to nasty. I think it'll take some time getting use to that part as well. but now i do not have to worry about not having money for feminine products. No more worrying if ill get tss or find a moldy tampon! So for those of you who have gotten your cup (diva,lunette etc..) and the first week you dont succeed do try it again the next time. Before you know it youll have the pattern down. I imagine when I used a tampon the first few times it was just as horrible of an experience because we didnt know exactly how to do it. After awhile it was no big deal and we  just did it out of habit.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
import1a92
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM
This is the first time I'm ever hearing about it.

*BUMP*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
londamg
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I herd about it about a year ago onyoutube actually. i did some research on it off and on and tried finding it in stores but i finally decided to give it a tryand i had to order it online. you can go to divacup.com to look into it. i also considered lunette which is the same thing only it has colors and the cup is slightly different shape

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I've heard of them but have never used one.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Ditto.  What is it?

Quoting import1a92:

*BUMP*

brandi2781
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I just bought the softcup but havent used it yet, but it doent have a twist step.....bump so maybe you will get an answer!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dedicatedrider
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I'm group crashing, lol, only 25, but I do have experience with the Diva cup, although limited since I've used it only for a couple cycles inbetween a couple of pregnancies, lol.  Keep in mind that it should sit low in the vaginal canal.  I've found that inserting it and then twisting it up into place seems to be quite effective.  If I get it all the way in and THEN try to twist it doesn't seem to work out.  Just make sure you're angling it toward your tail bone and make sure it seals and you should be good.  If it makes you feel more comfortable back it up with a liner for a while until you get the hang of it =)

londamg
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Quoting dedicatedrider:

I'm group crashing, lol, only 25, but I do have experience with the Diva cup, although limited since I've used it only for a couple cycles inbetween a couple of pregnancies, lol.  Keep in mind that it should sit low in the vaginal canal.  I've found that inserting it and then twisting it up into place seems to be quite effective.  If I get it all the way in and THEN try to twist it doesn't seem to work out.  Just make sure you're angling it toward your tail bone and make sure it seals and you should be good.  If it makes you feel more comfortable back it up with a liner for a while until you get the hang of it =)

Thanks. I think I may have put it in to far.after awhile I checked it and It was up even further. I couldn't sleep last night I keept thinking I did it wrong and was worried it was to far in, so I ended up taking it out. I may try again today

dedicatedrider
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I think people who are used to tampons seem to be the ones who initially struggle with placement, I never wore tampons, so I think starting from scratch kind of helped me in regards to getting the placement down. 

Quoting londamg:

Quoting dedicatedrider:

Thanks. I think I may have put it in to far.after awhile I checked it and It was up even further. I couldn't sleep last night I keep thinking I did it wrong and was worried it was to far in so I ended up taking it out. I may try again today

INTEGRITYspeaks
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM

What she said... 

Quoting import1a92:

*BUMP*

londamg
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN