Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Precancer on cervix

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:08 AM
  • 10 Replies
I am in the stage right before cancer (CIN3?) on my cervix. My doc wants to put me under this coming Fridy and do a Lletz procedure? It is similar to the LEEP but uses a broader "scraper"'? Oh forgive me I must sound terribly ignorant on this subject. I am worried. He said he will actually cut off te small tip of my cervix and wants me under anesthesia because it will hurt. I have a low lying uterus (I don't know just know is hard for the doc to see it during paps) so he will also move that up or around, whatever to check it as well. Eek. Anyone else?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I had precancerous cells before my first child, about 11 years ago.  I had the LEEP procedure, so not quite as invasive.  It wasn't too bad, a little crampy after and they didn't put me under for it.  Try not to stress too much.  They found it before it became cancer and that's great news!  I know how worried I was about it.  Take care mama.

hollieh79
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Thank you. Glad to hear yours was successful :) <3!
mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Had a LEEP done a couple of years ago, but can't remember it well. I am nervous my pre cancer cells are back & have progressed!
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I had the LEEP done several years ago.  The doctor numbed my cervix with 5 shots.  I was scared!!!!  So far so good.  Good luck! It is very nerve wrecking, but know that there are several people who have had them don.e  :)

hollieh79
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Are you worried that hey have progressed or are you saying they have? What would be the next step? Sorry to hear this but I bet it can be treated :)

Quoting mrsary:

Had a LEEP done a couple of years ago, but can't remember it well. I am nervous my pre cancer cells are back & have progressed!

BLRiley
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Holy crap! That sounds scary! I too have had precancerous cells on my cervix. It was scary at first but all want well after my gyno did a biopsy, following up with cryotherapy (she basically froze all the cells off around my cervix). All of my follow up papa have this far been negative. This all happened about 7 years ago. They didn't put me to sleep. It hurt a little but they didn't use any numbing stuff or anything. I wonder why your doctor is being so aggressive and mine treated it with simple freezing of the cells?
hollieh79
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I don't know and that is what is worrying me. I am going to call my Obgyn and see if I can get another referral or choose my own doc. His bedside manner was bad. I walked in and he asked me how it was going. I said "good!". He was looking at my file and said "haha are you sure? I've seen better!". That is probably just how he is and that doesn't bother me as much as him wanting to put me under and cut. If it has to be done, I guess. Just scared

Quoting BLRiley:

Holy crap! That sounds scary! I too have had precancerous cells on my cervix. It was scary at first but all want well after my gyno did a biopsy, following up with cryotherapy (she basically froze all the cells off around my cervix). All of my follow up papa have this far been negative. This all happened about 7 years ago. They didn't put me to sleep. It hurt a little but they didn't use any numbing stuff or anything. I wonder why your doctor is being so aggressive and mine treated it with simple freezing of the cells?

BLRiley
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a really awesome/compassionate female obgyn. I looked in my paperwork and I guess I did get the leep done when she took the biopsy. She did not numb the area though. It just felt like a pinch. I honestly thought it was going to be worse. I would get copy's of all of my records (lab work, assessment sheets, everything) and take it all for a second opinion. The anethesthia is costly...a money maker. Not saying that's whats happening with your doctor, but to me, it would be worth just getting a second opinion. Mention the cryotherapy and see what the next doctor says. I wouldn't have liked that bedside manner either! Wow!! Doesn't he realize that scares the crap out of women?!?

Quoting hollieh79:

I don't know and that is what is worrying me. I am going to call my Obgyn and see if I can get another referral or choose my own doc. His bedside manner was bad. I walked in and he asked me how it was going. I said "good!". He was looking at my file and said "haha are you sure? I've seen better!". That is probably just how he is and that doesn't bother me as much as him wanting to put me under and cut. If it has to be done, I guess. Just scared

Quoting BLRiley:

GraceStrickland
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had this done.  I was surprised what a big deal it wasn't when all was said and done.  There was some really funky tissue and discharge for a day or two, then nothing, and no iregular paps in the 2 years since.  I have a retroverted uterus. 

I was pretty freaked out at first, but the worst I experienced was the intense dry nasal passage and throat immediately after waking up.  A drink of water solves that.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I had that 16 years ago. But never put to sleep. They just froze me down there and took what they needed to test and then we did a LEEP. It was uncomfortable and hard to walk for a few days. Since then I have not had a abnormal pap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN