Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Cell phone providers

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

I currently have ATT and I'm tired of paying $150/mo for two lines.  Hubby and I are the only ones with phones.  We have blackberry's and have all the minimums.  Our phones are eligible for upgrades and I think our contract expires in June. (Yes it is my choice to have this bill, so no bashing.)

My question is...Do any of you use the providers that drop the cost after six months or so of paying on time.  I think they even have unlimited everything.  I think one of the companies is called Boost or something like that.  If you use something like this did you have to get a new phone when you signed up?  Is the coverage any good?

Thanks for your imput!

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I do not know.  Bump for others!

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Boost does have that... it starts at $55 a month and drops $5 every 6 months of on time payments. It only drops $15 total... but it's better than nothing, right? DF and I are actually going to be going over to Att or Verizon because Boost has horrible service in this area. 

ChancesMommy07
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM

We have ATT and we are happy with them. I have an iPhone and Dh has an Android plus we have the Mifi for our internet. We have unlimited everything (we had the plan before they stopped offering it). Most providers have coverage maps on their websites so you can see which one works best in your area.

alimorgan
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM

we have straight talk, unlimited everything, our signal comes from verizon towers, have androids, pay 45 a month  for each if you want international calling its an extra 5 a month . No contracts and actually any phone works with them they now have the new iphones same 45 a month unlimited , I get wifi and my phone switches between 3g and 4g, I have had no issues and picked up service out in the middle of no were! 

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I am on Verizon. Two phones. One unlimited everything the other unlimited talk and text. I pay $195 a month and my contract is up next month. I live in Georgia. I have been researching and talking with people who are on the cheaper plans. I have chosen to go with T-mobile. $60 a month per phone for unlimited everything. Everyone I have spoken with who uses T-mobile has great coverage in this area. Also, their calls are clear and the web is very fast. It is about $15 per month more than other plans but those calls are not as clear and the coverage is sketchy. I am in the Atlanta coverage zone so I would think that all of the carriers had great coverage.. but they don't. As for phones...T-mobile will accept AT&T phones that are unlocked. Verizon phones cannot be used so I am buying used cellphones off of ebay that are unlocked AT&T phones. It's cheaper that buying their smartphones.

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM
how come u dont get month to month .pre payed..straight talk . its like 20-50 month per phone for min.after u buy the phone.
lah0027
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I would be open to month to month.  I am the DFW area so I think coverage should be ok for me from the other major carriers. 

Does anyone know how to get your phone unlocked?  Can you buy an unlocked phone?

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I'm not sure since I've never signed a contract for a cell phone. I use Virgin Mobile. I pay $39/mo for unlimited text and data and 300 talk minutes. I don't use my phone often so it's the best option for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN