Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

abalation?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 16 Replies
My husband and I just had our 4th baby. We decided we are through having kids. I originally asked him to get fixed. To which he agreed. But then a lady I met was telling me about her abalation procedure. I was wondering if anyone in here had one done, and what your results were? Thank you ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GraceStrickland
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I know it's not what you asked, however my husband had a vasectomy done after our third child, who will be 4 this summer, and I found out over New Years that I am pregnant again.

His Vas Deferens are still tied off, but one sprung a leak.  My OB told me vasectomy pregnancies are as common as 1 in 100.  You get different statistics everywhere and I know nothing is 100 % but I've gotten the strong impression this scenario where sperm leak and are loose in teh testicals is much more common than Urologists lead men to believe.

GraceStrickland
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

**edit**

You probably looked this up, but WedMD says ablation may cause sterility but it not considered a form birth control and that until you complete menopause you still need to use contraceptive.

women.webmd.com/endometrial-ablation-16200

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Oh, well that's lovely. Last thing I need its ineffective birth control. Ugh. I can't have more kids. This pregnancy was so hard, I'm honestly terrified of getting pregnant again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I have never heard of it....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I have never heard of it either.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the "one sprung a leak".  I laughed and shared it with a co worker!

Quoting GraceStrickland:

I know it's not what you asked, however my husband had a vasectomy done after our third child, who will be 4 this summer, and I found out over New Years that I am pregnant again.

His Vas Deferens are still tied off, but one sprung a leak.  My OB told me vasectomy pregnancies are as common as 1 in 100.  You get different statistics everywhere and I know nothing is 100 % but I've gotten the strong impression this scenario where sperm leak and are loose in teh testicals is much more common than Urologists lead men to believe.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Exactly what I was going to say. It is used to help with heavy periods. But they can't do it unless u are done having kids since it does often cause sterility.

Quoting GraceStrickland:

**edit**

You probably looked this up, but WedMD says ablation may cause sterility but it not considered a form birth control and that until you complete menopause you still need to use contraceptive.

women.webmd.com/endometrial-ablation-16200

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2boysandgirl
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I had one a year ago. There was a lot of pain the first day but like what was said it is not birth control. You can still get pregnant. DH had a vasectomy before mt ablation which is one of the reasons my doctor even mentioned it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Have you looked into Essure?  Might be a good option for you.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)