Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

New to the group...

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello, 

My name is Lori, and I'm the proud mother of two boys.  My boys are three and ten months old.  My life has changed dramatically in the last year.  My husband and I had our second child last April.  Then in May, he informed me,at five am, that he was leaving and wanted a divorce.  I had a c-section with the baby and was on maternity leave until the school year went back in August!  I had no idea that he had been planning to leave the entire time I was pregnant.

Now, the boys and I have moved into our new home, and I'm trying to start a new life.  I am looking for other moms to make new friends. 

Hope to hear from everyone soon,

Lori

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GraceStrickland
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my goodness woman!  Welcome, and how is your three year old taking it all?

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry he was a d-bag.  That is so not cool.  I am Amanda from Indiana.  I have two boys 5.5 and 1.  I have two step sons who are 6 and 2.  Where did you move to?

TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome, Lori!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Lori.

Lorilynn34465
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Thank you everyone for the support.  We are currently living in my hometown.  I am very close to a lot of family.  My three year is is adjusting, but still cries for his daddy at night.  Thankfully, the baby doesn't understand any of this yet.  I do worry about the day when they both realize that their dad left them when they were so little!

lisahappymom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear that your ex-husband did not love and appreciate you the way he should have.  I'm sure that was devastating.  You have much to be proud of by re-grouping and setteling into ta new home.  Your kids are lucky to have you.    :-)

Mari6443
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Hello Lori! Welcome!! I'm so sorry about all the stuff you've been through! But you seem like you are a good mom. We are all here for you! Just PM any of us anytime you need a friend. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorilynn34465
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Thank you

Lorilynn34465
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Thank you...it's still hard but we are making it day by day.  How old are your kids and where do ou live?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)