Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Had not done that in ages ....

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

This weekend DD was at her dad's ... I've been in a rutt for a while and badly needed to "get away" - so I did all the laundry and dishes on Friday night and Dh & I knocked out the house cleaning in about 2 hours on saturday morning and were out of the door by 1pm - DH and I went shopping at different stores and went out to eat to one of our favorite restaurants and then he offered the following : buy a bunch of junk food,  frozen pizza and go rent a bunch of movies lock ourselves in the TV room downstairs & pull out the hide-a-bed; no phone, cell phone or computer allowed and watch movies together for the rest of the weekend.  And so we did !  I cannot remember the last time I have done that ... it did me a world of good.  We lied cuddled up together under fuzzy blankets and watched movies all weekend.  On Sunday I didn't even get dressed.  This morning I slept in, got up 25 minutes before I had to be at work !!!  The last time I pulled a weekend like this is over a decade ago because who can pull this off when you have kids !!

I made an exception for the phone because DD kept calling the house and I thought for sure I'd have to go pick her up early at her dad's but she didn't call again.  As much fun as that was, can't wait to see my DD today.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhiannon1980
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Wish I could do something like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Sounds like a great weekend!  You need those every now and then!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

mynewlife2012
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I totally need one if those weekends.. Good for you for being able to do that
bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I love those weekends

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM

We do the shopping thing quite often. My kids never stay home so we are usually by ourselves. It's nice. 

I'm glad you got to do that if you needed it!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM

It did wonders for me - because I can never get away from anything.  I have DD full time and I want to keep it that way but no matter how you look at it when she's around I don't get any down time, then I have 3 dogs & 2 cats.  I can't go anywhere even overnight because boading my animals would cost me a fortune, + one of my dogs is 15 years old - there's no way I'm boarding her anymore. Going on vacation somewhere means having to tell her dad and that's a whole other can of worms.  So it's been hard on me.  I feel like I'm a prisoner in my own home sometimes.  but this weekend it became a hiatus for me. it was great.

Quoting mynewlife2012:

mynewlife2012
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I completely understand I have a 4 year old DD who is suppose to see her dad every other weekend but the last time was three weeks ago. He gives me a hard time when I plan stuff on weekends bc he feels bad bc he never does lol I feel trapped to SO works in retail so he works most weekends. Your weekend sound like a mini stay vacation with all the essentials..

Quoting Jinxed8:

It did wonders for me - because I can never get away from anything.  I have DD full time and I want to keep it that way but no matter how you look at it when she's around I don't get any down time, then I have 3 dogs & 2 cats.  I can't go anywhere even overnight because boading my animals would cost me a fortune, + one of my dogs is 15 years old - there's no way I'm boarding her anymore. Going on vacation somewhere means having to tell her dad and that's a whole other can of worms.  So it's been hard on me.  I feel like I'm a prisoner in my own home sometimes.  but this weekend it became a hiatus for me. it was great.

Quoting mynewlife2012:

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM

That sounds like so much more fun than my kid free night.  Hubby and I went grocery shopping and to buy a new dishwasher.  Started buying for dd's birthday (got an 18" doll at target for $23 due to their error) and some stuff for the kids for Easter.  Came home and stayed up until 2 am working on sewing doll clothes.  Did some more sewing this morning and the kids came home at noon.

And the worst part is the dishwasher won't be in until Wednesday so I'm currently handwashing a giant stack of dishes.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

well most times when we don't have DD we just have a regular weekend; we cook and clean and run errands and grocery shop but this weekend we really wanted a little get away - after our plans to actually go to a hotel failed this became our back up plan and it worked out great !  I'm glad we did it !  Now tonight is another story though ... I have to catch up with all that didn't get done yesterday !  I need to go to the grocery store, hardware store and tanning booth, drive DD to her gym class, and back to the routine with homework etc but it was well worth it all

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

That sounds like so much more fun than my kid free night.  Hubby and I went grocery shopping and to buy a new dishwasher.  Started buying for dd's birthday (got an 18" doll at target for $23 due to their error) and some stuff for the kids for Easter.  Came home and stayed up until 2 am working on sewing doll clothes.  Did some more sewing this morning and the kids came home at noon.

And the worst part is the dishwasher won't be in until Wednesday so I'm currently handwashing a giant stack of dishes.

katrina7890
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I wish i could have this kind of weekend during Mar.

My DS like a small tail of us for he is only 7 month

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)