Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Poll

Question: Which way do you put the handles?

Options:

Handle up

Handle down

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

When you wash your dishes and/or use your dishwasher, which way do you put the handles for your forks and knives?

I put them handles up so nobody grabs them or gets stabbed or poked by the sharp points. My dh does the opposite, handles down.
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (11-16):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM

We wash by hand, we do handles down, except for sharp knives they go into the dish rack handles up.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM
This

Quoting Firewoman33:

Forks handles down. Knives handles up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Knives - handles up.  Forks and spoons - handles down.

lexipooh78
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I rarely use the dishwasher but when I do the go handle up.  I don't put my knives in there though because it is bad for them and also when I was about 12 my stepsister and I were arguing while unloading the dishwasher and I wasn't paying attention. I reached in to grab silverware and came out with a knife completely through my hand.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Quoting lexipooh78:

I rarely use the dishwasher but when I do the go handle up.  I don't put my knives in there though because it is bad for them and also when I was about 12 my stepsister and I were arguing while unloading the dishwasher and I wasn't paying attention. I reached in to grab silverware and came out with a knife completely through my hand.

This is EXACTLY why I always put the handles of knives and forks up instead of down, in the dishwasher or dish drainer. This has always scared me even though its never happened to me or any of my kids.

I hope you were ok and nothing got damaged.
wifeynmommie80
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Down but I have a special rack for knives, and the Forks are all together and the spoons are all together. So it has never been a problem for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN