Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

CFS

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 2 Replies
Has anyone dealt with chronic fatigue syndrome? Kind of self diagnosing, but hoping to get some info from someone who is experiencing it. Thanks:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM

bump

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:35 AM

I have not experienced it personally, however my dh has a chronic condition that causes fatigue and it definitely affects his mood and his energy level.  He will sometimes have so little energy that he just comes home and sits down and does nothing until he goes to bed...he works at a desk job, so it's not because he has a physically demanding job.  He has a couple of autoimmune disorders (crohn's disease and ankylosing spondolitis) that cause him a great deal of pain.  He is on a remicade infusion treatment every 6 weeks.  However, while it's been a huge help with the pain, it hasn't really affected his energy levels.  I think that taking care of yourself; getting enough sleep, eating right, drinking enough water, exercising regularly and staying emotionally healthy; is very important to the level of fatigue you will feel.  If you're not taking care of yourself you will definitely have more symptoms.  I know my dh does.  If he's not taking care of himself, or if he gets depressed about whatever, he has more symptoms of his disorders and he also has worse fatigue.  From what I've read, CFS is very hard to diagnose and many times it can be something else causing the same symptoms, such as depression or autoimmune disorders like lupus, AS, fibromyalgia, etc.  I had a friend with CFS and fibromyalgia, who recently passed.  She said it felt like people thought she was making it up.  I hope you can figure out what's going on and get the help you need, even if it's just someone to come out and help with the kids/cleaning whatever.  If you don't have help, it can be very isolating.  Take care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)