Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

for my husbands birthday gift. He pretty much buys what ever he wants so he is very hard to shopt for. He is into durbys, harleys, and video games. Please give me some ideas. 

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
January1964
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Quoting ooCherryo0:

Durbys are cars crashing into each other lol... 

Derby?

Quoting MixedCooke:

not sure what durbys are--motorcycles are expensive and canbe dangerous and video games will occupy his time.  maybe rather than something, maybe plan a weekend trip together!

ooCherryo0
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Thanks ;) I'm the worlds worst speller. 

Quoting January1964:

Quoting ooCherryo0:

Derby?

Quoting MixedCooke:

not sure what durbys are--motorcycles are expensive and canbe dangerous and video games will occupy his time.  maybe rather than something, maybe plan a weekend trip together!

January1964
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Quoting ooCherryo0:

Were you thinking of getting him tickets to some kind of derby? I agree with another poster. You should get him something you two could enjoy together, such as a "date night."

Quoting January1964:

Quoting ooCherryo0:

Derby?

Quoting MixedCooke:

christina259
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I know what you mean on that one. I have a hard time shopping for my dh too. Not sure how much your looking to spend but when you said harley i wondered if he could use one of those leather suits motorcyclist wear as protection/windbreakers during the colder months. my dh is into motorcycles too and he was looking at some of the gear they have for sale for motorcyclist. i'm not sure about harley lovers but i know they make some pretty cool looking suits along with matching helmets that match up with whatever motorcycle your driving. Including the helmet could get pricey i suppose as if some of those suits weren't bad enough. Depends on what you get though. if thats all too expensive maybe just one piece per occassion such as birthday, christmas and so on.

ooCherryo0
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM

He gets into the derbys for free. He works in the pits and sometimes runs them. We are planning a date night while we are in Vegas. Maybe that will just have to do since he buys what ever he wants when ever he wants LOL

Quoting January1964:

Quoting ooCherryo0:

Were you thinking of getting him tickets to some kind of derby? I agree with another poster. You should get him something you two could enjoy together, such as a "date night."

Quoting January1964:

Quoting ooCherryo0:

Derby?

Quoting MixedCooke:

ooCherryo0
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I was thinking that too... They are expencive though. I'll have to look on their website.

Quoting christina259:

I know what you mean on that one. I have a hard time shopping for my dh too. Not sure how much your looking to spend but when you said harley i wondered if he could use one of those leather suits motorcyclist wear as protection/windbreakers during the colder months. my dh is into motorcycles too and he was looking at some of the gear they have for sale for motorcyclist. i'm not sure about harley lovers but i know they make some pretty cool looking suits along with matching helmets that match up with whatever motorcycle your driving. Including the helmet could get pricey i suppose as if some of those suits weren't bad enough. Depends on what you get though. if thats all too expensive maybe just one piece per occassion such as birthday, christmas and so on.

January1964
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Quoting ooCherryo0:

He gets into the derbys for free. He works in the pits and sometimes runs them. We are planning a date night while we are in Vegas. Maybe that will just have to do since he buys what ever he wants when ever he wants LOL

Yes, you could tell him that is his present. Especially since I assume your kids will be taken care of.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting ooCherryo0:

Quoting January1964:

Quoting ooCherryo0:

Derby?

Quoting MixedCooke:

wyleigh
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM
How about a harley tshirt from somewhere he has been or would like to go?
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM
I agree.

Quoting skippito:

A sexy nighty and a naughty coupon book that you can bring on your get away could be fun for you both!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BLRiley
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Every year my DH wants $ to buy stuff to add to his gun collection. We have always BBQ'd gooood steaks outside at a park on his bday in march. It is our " kick off" to spring. This year he wants to go out to dinner. I'm kinda sad, but we'll do the steaks for Father's Day. If my DH didn't want $, I'd probably just get him a gift certificate to a store he likes. He's hard to shop for too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN