Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Wanna know the definition of PANIC?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
When you are driving along and suddenly you feel a small head worming under your arm! He's figured out the five point!!!!!

Yes, we pulled over and there was yelling and he cried, but OMG we now have to get creative on how to keep him harnessed!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Brooked18
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
My dd opened the car door when she was 2 on the thruway, there was yelling
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM
God! I bet!

Quoting Brooked18:

My dd opened the car door when she was 2 on the thruway, there was yelling
frstldyhmsch
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM

LOL! Kids are so cleaver...keep some travel games, snacks etc. in the car so he can be preoccupied with those.

KZuz
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Yup! That's scary!
MrsAmyLynn83
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM

My son's always been good about staying in his car seats - but, when I was younger - probably Kindergarten/1st grade my dad had picked me up from school and we were driving home and I was playing with the car door and he kept telling me to stop - of course I didn't - the door flew open and I was hanging half out the car half inside due to the seat belt. We weren't going fast and I wasn't hurt but OMG, I learned my lesson!!!!! It's been well over 25+ years and my dad still talks about it! Now that I'm a mom I can't imagine how scared he was (and mad at the time!). 

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM

That's scary!

My dd is 11 and I still keep the child safety locks engaged on the car doors,lol  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I just started keeping the child safety locks on the doors as well.  My oldest 3 have all undone their seatbelts and /or tried to open the doors and I pulled over and they got all the attention they never wanted and then some.

terpmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Auto bingo! Laminate it and give him an overhead pen to check stuff off as he sees it. Include age appropriate things like colors of other cars, road signs, stores you pass often, trees, people (someone in a hat, someone with a dog)... Make some different ones and let him pick. 

gilbertgrl627
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Once my DD (oldest) figured it out, she'd try to get out while we were driving. We put a stop to that ASAP (we'd pull over, tell her to buckle it, take away toys if she didn't.....we tried everything). She finally got it and stopped doing it. Now she's in a high back booster, and a few times has taken off her seatbelt when we're pulling into the driveway. Time to have the talk with her again. lol. DS1 hasn't figured out the harness yet, thank goodness, but I think he'll be good about it. lol. He's a people-pleaser.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)