Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair accessory organizer for my little girl

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes, I'm being a show off. :) I'm too happy with the end results. I just wanted to share. The best part.... it cost me 9 bucks to make. No more last minute searching for that lost second hairbow before school in the morning.

She still has hairbands and ponytail holders that need a home. I'm planning on making another with different holders but same background for the inside of her closet door. Keepin' the pretty ones on the outside. I probably should have spent that extra buck though so i could put 3 pink fussy things across the bottom the same way I did the top. The flowers and fuzzy thing came from a hairband i purchased at the dollar store. I tore the flowers and fuzzy things off the hairband and hot glued them onto the top of the board (or I should say 3 foam boards stacked together, hotglued and contact paper and ribbon added on top to cover the boring foam board). Everything else came from the dollar store too. I love going into dollar stores, not neccessarily to buy an item for its intended use but to see what i can create from them and still pay next to nothing for a craft project or home decor.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
ShelbysHope76
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Well done momma!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM

That is adorable!!!! 

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Very nice!

cookin_mama665
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Pretty!!!

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM

That's so much cuter than my daughter's.  I put the command removable hooks inside the door of the bathroom mirror and they all hang on there.  Not pretty but it works well!  Her bedroom is upstairs and I'd rather have them downstairs.

AM-BRAT
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Cute! I use silverware organizers in the hall closet. Works well!

pampire
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM

cute!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I second this! :)

Quoting import1a92:

I think this is FANTASTIC and crafty! Great job momma! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina259
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Cute! I use silverware organizers in the hall closet. Works well!

Thats a good idea. my dh tells me i put beauty and decor over function a lot of times and he's probably right. i do. i love to decorate. i'm one of those that would put the tv in a hard spot to view just because it makes the room look better for the tv to not be the focal point.  i do wonder if i'll be disciplined enough to place those bows back on the board when we're done with them. its so much easier just drop them in a bin and so many times i get in a hurry. The silverware organizer for hair bow storage is pretty clever. ;)

debmom07
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Sweet, smart and savy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)