Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Hair accessory organizer for my little girl

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes, I'm being a show off. :) I'm too happy with the end results. I just wanted to share. The best part.... it cost me 9 bucks to make. No more last minute searching for that lost second hairbow before school in the morning.

She still has hairbands and ponytail holders that need a home. I'm planning on making another with different holders but same background for the inside of her closet door. Keepin' the pretty ones on the outside. I probably should have spent that extra buck though so i could put 3 pink fussy things across the bottom the same way I did the top. The flowers and fuzzy thing came from a hairband i purchased at the dollar store. I tore the flowers and fuzzy things off the hairband and hot glued them onto the top of the board (or I should say 3 foam boards stacked together, hotglued and contact paper and ribbon added on top to cover the boring foam board). Everything else came from the dollar store too. I love going into dollar stores, not neccessarily to buy an item for its intended use but to see what i can create from them and still pay next to nothing for a craft project or home decor.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Replies (21-25):
AM-BRAT
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Your design is absolutely beautiful and fun!

But ya we wouldn't be- well, *I* would be the only one putting them back in my house lol.

I'll snap a pic of my 'organizers' tomorrow. :)

Works really well for us.

Quoting christina259:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Cute! I use silverware organizers in the hall closet. Works well!

Thats a good idea. my dh tells me i put beauty and decor over function a lot of times and he's probably right. i do. i love to decorate. i'm one of those that would put the tv in a hard spot to view just because it makes the room look better for the tv to not be the focal point.  i do wonder if i'll be disciplined enough to place those bows back on the board when we're done with them. its so much easier just drop them in a bin and so many times i get in a hurry. The silverware organizer for hair bow storage is pretty clever. ;)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Well of course they don't look near as cool as your pic lol, but I snapped some. I swear they feel more organized in person...

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Your design is absolutely beautiful and fun!

But ya we wouldn't be- well, *I* would be the only one putting them back in my house lol.

I'll snap a pic of my 'organizers' tomorrow. :)

Works really well for us.

Quoting christina259:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Cute! I use silverware organizers in the hall closet. Works well!

Thats a good idea. my dh tells me i put beauty and decor over function a lot of times and he's probably right. i do. i love to decorate. i'm one of those that would put the tv in a hard spot to view just because it makes the room look better for the tv to not be the focal point.  i do wonder if i'll be disciplined enough to place those bows back on the board when we're done with them. its so much easier just drop them in a bin and so many times i get in a hurry. The silverware organizer for hair bow storage is pretty clever. ;)

AM-BRAT
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Heabands in the big part, ties and certain clips in front, etc...
AM-BRAT
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Their 'medicine cabinet.'
AM-BRAT
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Our 'medicine cabinet.'
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN