Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Old is too Old to be a Student?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 57 Replies

I'm going to be 35 and I'm considering going to dental school and then proceeding with my Dental Radiology certification. I'm a single mom, I know I will qualify for assistance. I didn't go to college, I went to Medical Assisting school after high school, but due to my health problems and failing my hearing test-obviousy pursuing RN is a dead dream to me now because if I can't hear then I can't correctly take your vitals :( My son's father & I took real estate courses 7 years ago but didn't take the state exam..I feel like I'm ready to go back to school but I'm all sorts of nervous about it! I had an appt. this morning to talk to counselor but I woke up with a sore throat so reschedule for next week!

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

My dad's first wife just got her Masters degree in Psychology. She just turned 70 years old.

I am 31 and just finishing my 2nd year of my 4 year program.

It's never to late.

Briesmom38
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

You are never to old to be a student!  Good for you wanting to go to dental school...  I wish you lots of luck!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Quoting Briesmom38:

You are never to old to be a student!  Good for you wanting to go to dental school...  I wish you lots of luck!

Thank you, I just hope I stay healthy enough to do this. I've been very sick the past few years, and blessed to stay home with my son but now that he's in kindergarten I'm thinking about doing something with myself  during the day even if I can work part time doing this, it will be good for me :)

cholita1978
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM
3 moms liked this
Im 34 and working on my Bachelor's degree
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

There is an 80 year old man in my Ulpan class.  Granted, none of us are in the class to gain a career, we are all there simply to learn the language.....but you are NEVER too old to learn.

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I got my Master's in Counseling at 35.  I am now a SAHM (long story) so I am taking classes again to have some grown up time.  You are NEVER too old to go back to school!  YOU GO GIRL!  

c_edmonds
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Im not trying to be funny but you are too old when you are dead.

Im 33 and Im going back in May for my bach. in business. I have 4 kids. Im trying to get my sister to take her ged and she is 40...but she is kinda LAZY she wants everything handed to her on a silver platter.

Im PROUD of you for going back! And I dont even know you!

erikadi
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

It is never too late to learn something new.

sallymoon
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not too late until you are dead.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

You are never too old!  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)