Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How Old is too Old to be a Student?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm going to be 35 and I'm considering going to dental school and then proceeding with my Dental Radiology certification. I'm a single mom, I know I will qualify for assistance. I didn't go to college, I went to Medical Assisting school after high school, but due to my health problems and failing my hearing test-obviousy pursuing RN is a dead dream to me now because if I can't hear then I can't correctly take your vitals :( My son's father & I took real estate courses 7 years ago but didn't take the state exam..I feel like I'm ready to go back to school but I'm all sorts of nervous about it! I had an appt. this morning to talk to counselor but I woke up with a sore throat so reschedule for next week!

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed and keep us posted on how things are going! :)

Quoting Briesmom38:

You are never to old to be a student!  Good for you wanting to go to dental school...  I wish you lots of luck!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmt_771
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

You are never to old.

G2Mama
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM

You're never too old!  Good Luck!

Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You are never too old to learn!

sheri305
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Briesmom38:

You are never to old to be a student!  Good for you wanting to go to dental school...  I wish you lots of luck!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you are ever to old to continue your education. My mom got her nursing degree when she was 44. It inspired me to go to college, I was 23 at the time. I currently have an associates but have recently been looking into online colleges to complete my bachelors. When I was in college there were many adult students, the oldest in our OT class was in her 50's :)

AthenaM981
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 31 and will be 32 in Sept. and I'm a full time psychology student and won't be done with my B.A. until 2014.  After that I still need to get my master's and doctorate's to do what I really want.  I did put myself through school and graduated with my associate's (I'm a registered nurse and have been since 2002).  I then went back to school for sign language interpreting-graduated in early 2011 but still want to counsel at risk children so I'm back in school again.  Also my fiance is 36 turning 37 in March and is back in school also for business management and commercial horticulture.  I can count 4 women who also are back in school over the age of 45.  It is never too late to get back into school and I truly wish you good luck.  Your kids will be proud of you also. :)

spelmanmommy
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I am 37 and finishing a M.B.A.  Never too late!

ooCherryo0
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM

When you're on your death bed? lol

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I know the feeling. I am going to be 38 this July & think I want to go back to school for Early Childhood Education. Like you I didn't go to college. And I too am a single mom... of 5! And my oldest will be going to college (hopefully) in the fall of 2014. Not sure if this is the right time for me or if I should just forget it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN