Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Old is too Old to be a Student?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm going to be 35 and I'm considering going to dental school and then proceeding with my Dental Radiology certification. I'm a single mom, I know I will qualify for assistance. I didn't go to college, I went to Medical Assisting school after high school, but due to my health problems and failing my hearing test-obviousy pursuing RN is a dead dream to me now because if I can't hear then I can't correctly take your vitals :( My son's father & I took real estate courses 7 years ago but didn't take the state exam..I feel like I'm ready to go back to school but I'm all sorts of nervous about it! I had an appt. this morning to talk to counselor but I woke up with a sore throat so reschedule for next week!

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Replies (41-50):
Xstitchinmom
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I'll be 40 next month, and currently attend school full time with all the young kids lol. I'll be graduating with a BA in Psychology next Fall...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I went to college with a 91 year old women!!! it's NEVER to late to go to school (I dont know what she was actually going for just knkow she was in a few of my classes)

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM
NNever to old! I am 30 and just started a program in october! I should be done next spring but i might go for a bachelors. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Go girl! It's never to late to better you and your situation! Are we talking actual dental school? Or like an assisting program? I did the dental assistant courses years ago and even with the "guaranteed job placement" (yeah right) I found it incredibly difficult to find a position. They all wanted experience and did not consider the school nor the internship sufficient experience. In fact of the 30 girls in my class, I am still in touch with 12 and none of them are employed in that field now. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. But whatever you do, it's definitely not too lAte, an I wish you luck, and success!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irishmommy81
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I think you are never too old, I am 31 and trying to go back to school

jthompson1976
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:11 AM

i you go girl  im wanting to go back to school my self just trying to find the right time and date lol   im going to be 37  lol   funny thing is i thought i already was 37 great getting turn 37 again  for real this time.. 

mcknitro
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I agree with everyone here. You are never too old to go to school. You can do it!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:07 AM
You're never too old to be a student. I believe you should kep learning and reaching for yiiur goals all of your life. Good luck with dental school!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I cleaned a house for a woman who got her doctrine(sp?)in education at 88 years old.Anything is possible! :)

justme-75
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM

You are never too old for school.  We stop growing if we stop learning.  Go for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)